VIDEO: One night, One Rifle, One Thermal, Five Pigs.

Discussion in 'THIRD COAST THERMAL' started by SC-Texas, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Texas Gun Trust

Went to Lavacca County last Friday night with my Hodge Defense AU Mod-1, Flir RS64, Surefire SOCOM556RC and a Rifles Only FTW HAD suppressor cover.

5 hogs were put down with federal 62gr Fusion! The boar was 240lbs.

We started out with 9 hogs in front of the blind. I was able to successfully engage 4 of them.

I waited in the blind and was rewarded with a Cruiser. A 240 pound Boar looking for a Sow. He came to the party and two 62gr Fusions later he was on the ground.

Thanks to ******************* for the invite.

Notice the difference that moonrise makes in the scintillation visible in the PVS-14.

[youtube]

Interesting event that I captured was the difference between no moon and filming into the shadows of the treeline v. after moonrise in direct moonlight.

Also, the image presented to the eye is MUCH clearer than that captured by the camera. One reason is that the camera is zoomed into the output screen on the PVS-14 which magnifies the scintillation beyond that which the eye sees.

Oso Grande and Brian Shaffer like this.
  2. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

A true scintilizing sensation smacking that sounder!

3. rgilbert

rgilbert LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB

It was a fun night. I'm glad I got to put you on some finally.

4. BigRedDog

BigRedDog LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

cool deal

5. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Nice work!

6. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well done, that is a hog hunt!