Video of a boar taken with w1000-9

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Do you consider that safe/smart to shoot the hog when it is in among the livestock ?? Was that worth the dead hog ?? --- pruhdlr

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I absolutely totally disagree with taking that shot.

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
Nice. I don't think it is bad in this case. Got a positive id and waited for the hog to clear away from the cows. One shot dead hog. I don't doit that way where I hunt because I don't want to buy two years worth of beef in the middle of the night.

*after a second review that hog was still pretty close to the cows.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you consider that safe/smart to shoot the hog when it is in among the livestock ?? Was that worth the dead hog ?? --- pruhdlr

I did not take the shot. I put the video up to display the quality of the w1000.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Does ident plan on having a LSB special discount for these sights?
Say ohhhhh 90% off!
;)
That's cool. Thanx for the vid.
Question.
What kind of thermal gives you predator type vision?
Seeing reds and yellow and such??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know these guys in Seguin and they are nothing but safe, they waited for the hog to clear, they were 40 yrds away and had a clear shot. They know their weapons and capabilities, use night vision as outfitters and personally as long or longer than any of us.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does ident plan on having a LSB special discount for these sights?
Say ohhhhh 90% off!
;)
That's cool. Thanx for the vid.
Question.
What kind of thermal gives you predator type vision?
Seeing reds and yellow and such??
The new L3 x320 has that option. It's a software thing. When you look through the W1000 to shoot its actually green like night vision not black and white. It saves your eyes ability to see in the dark.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I should have put this in the original post it just never crossed my mind because I knew the background of the shot. Like Frank says these guys have been doing guided night vision hunts for a long time. The shooter is very skilled. He is shooting a .44 ruger bolt action with his own subsonic hand loads. He was less than 40 yards you have to remember this is a magnified scope. And the cows are his so the shot did not bother me one bit. Again it was the w1000's quality that I was impressed with!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Was the shot safe?
Absolutely, didn't you see the hog go down and none of the cattle were hit or went down.
I would have taken the shot no problem,but not using barnes tsx loads as they will exit.
The 69gr HPBT rounds I have shot have not passed thru exit side hide.
It's all about knowing your equipment and your capabilities.
Plus $250,000.00 hunters insurance policy that has never had a claim filed :D

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done one-shot drop. Great clarity on that scope too.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nicely done is right. He waited for a clear shot with no animal behind it. He apparently knows his weapon and capabilities.