Venison, Bacon, and Cream Cheese!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is not only my favorite venison recipe, but is my favorite food. It is a little labor intensive, but it is very worth it.

-1 whole venison back strap
-Soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, or coconut aminos
-1/2# bacon
-1 stick cream cheese
-2 jalapeños
-1 white onion
-tooth picks

I start with a whole back strap and slice pieces 1" thick. Then use a meat tendering hammer and pound them out until they are around 1/8-3/16" thick. I use the side of the hammer with spikes to help open up the meat too.

Next I put the meat in a container of ziploc bag full of your choice of teriyaki, soy sauce, or coconut aminos (I prefer coconut aminos because I try to stick to a paleo or primal diet) and soak over night.

Next, slice the onion and jalapeños into 1-2" long 1/4" or less strips. Then slather one side of the meat with cream cheese. Lay 2-3 slices of onion and jalapeños onto the meat and cheese. Next, roll it all together, wrap with bacon, and insert a toothpick to keep it all together.

Grill on a medium heat while keeping on eye out for grease fires. I keep a cup of water around to put them out. The venison will be done before the bacon so once the bacon is about half done on medium heat I crank the burners to the max to crisp the bacon some.

I enjoy pairing this with asparagus sautéed in butter with garlic, baked sweet potatoes (without all the marshmallows and sugary junk, just a little butter), a garden salad with ceasar or ranch, and even sautéed onions.

If you like extra spice leave the jalapeño seeds in. I have served this to people who say the do not like venison at all. Guess what.... they end up eating 4-5 of them once they taste it!

ENOJOY!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sounds superb !!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My favorite recipe too. I also do the same with dove breast filets.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just plain making me hungry !!! 'Bout ready to hang the camp cook. Last night's chicken (fried) was so loaded with salt, that it made your eyes squint. When I pulled him aside to give him a heads up (everyone can make an honest mistake), he acknowledged knowing about it (served it anyhow).

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, with all that sweating you do up there you need to replenish your salt supply I suppose.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL Well... didn't have to get up during the night last night.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I,will,have to,try that one Thanks Alex! I am assuming you,remove the silver skin?
I am thinking you could flour and fry just a few minutes and finish in oven for a different twist.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and cream cheese