Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome!

My wife would love to shoot a hog. One of these days...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She knocked the stuffin' outta that second hog !!! Nice shot placement. Poor Glenn... always stuck behind the camera when the family's hunting.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Man! She sure put the smack down on that second hog. Two big boys for sure.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs down!! They almost look like twins ... she put the DROP on that second one!!

D

djones

Poor Glenn... always stuck behind the camera when the family's hunting.
lol, yeah that gotta be tough... and she's shooting his gun too!

daytime vids are nice. is that the sow hysteria again? pardon my ignorance, but why to boars come to that? is it a general call for all hogs? if not the hysteria, which call is it? also... don't laugh.... but have you tried the motion decoy with the call? what type of decoy? any results? i guess you would have posted if it was successful, but just wondering if you've tried.

for everyone laughing at me, just remember... there aren't any stupid questions, just stupid people asking them... or something like that.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

daytime vids are nice. is that the sow hysteria again? pardon my ignorance, but why to boars come to that? is it a general call for all hogs? if not the hysteria, which call is it? also... don't laugh.... but have you tried the motion decoy with the call? what type of decoy? any results? i guess you would have posted if it was successful, but just wondering if you've tried.

for everyone laughing at me, just remember... they're aren't any stupid questions, just stupid people asking them... or something like that.
Feeling a little trigger shy?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the trigger finger may be a little bashful. the middle finger has plenty to say.
You never disappoint. Exactly what I'd expect from you. LOL

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB

for everyone laughing at me, just remember... there aren't any stupid questions, just stupid people asking them... or something like that.

yes Sow Hysteria, as to why they respond there are many variables.. Most appear to be responding for territorial reasons, if you watch closely they are foaming at the mouth. when we move our penned hogs{study group} from one pen to another , the boars near other boars will start foaming at the mouth, stinking to high heaven and marking everything with saliva. Also all Hogs will "rally" to either defend their turf against intruding hogs or assist hogs that are part of their family group. We usually kill them before we know which it is. on one occasion we weren't able to kill the 1st group to respond and by them time the 3rd group got there is was obvious 3 distinct groups had come together and all heck broke loose! The sounds from that are incredible and we have used them to call other hogs.
As far as decoys, yes we've tried a few with no luck. By no luck I mean we just didn't call in hogs on those stands. The few exceptions have been while turkey hunting. We call turkeys first and if nothing shows we switch to hogs. They charge hard at the turkey decoys! got 2 good examples of that this week.