Using Suppressed rifles to turn hogs away from cover.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd been wondering about that idea.... great demonstration!

It's like playing red rover with the piggies...

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool video and great tip, thanks. If I can just get my Omega out of jail that I purchased Jan 3rd by gosh I'll try it!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good info! Thanks for sharing! Hopefully I will remember that if I ever see a hog again.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I discovered that trick a while back.

I walked a tall levee overlooking a duck hunting spot one time late in the summer. The field I was checking out was planted in soybeans and I noticed two deer in the middle of it.

While watching them, I saw there were two more and they were closer to me. About half the distance away when I noticed those two were coyotes.

I had my (new at the time) suppressed 44 mag ruger and decided to lob an ounce of lead at them.

I had no idea how how away they were. Probably 150 yards and more importantly I had no idea how high to aim. Turns out I aimed too high and the bullet hit past my target which spooked it and caused it to run right toward me.The coyote came right at me just like your video.

Fast forward a year or two and I find myself watching "the cut". During low MS river levels, the cut becomes a dry channel that's somewhat open, but does have patches of weeds and grass depending on how long the water has been out on this property.

Near dark, I see something come down the far bank. It's a coyote and it must be 400 yards away and I'm looking at it with my blackout.

Now I'm really stumped, because I really have no idea how high to aim this time, but I remembered what happened with my 44 mag and decided to shoot. But to shoot really high hoping to "drive" the yote closer.

The first shot worked. The yote spooked closer, but wasn't close enough, so I shot high again driving him another 100 yards or so closer. Two high shots moved him half the distance to me and allowed me to take a steady rest while aiming at the top of his back when I fired the third shot, dropping him on the spot.

At that point in time, it was my farthest kill. Stepped off 219 steps to retrieve my kill.

Thanks for illustrating this with your video.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You forgot to mangle your finger into a hog's mouth after shooting. Oh, that's right... you also forgot to miss and have jams. When you gonna learn there law-dawg? LOL

Oh, yeah... nice video tutorial too.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First vid. Convince me cans have more then a cool factor and hearing protection!

D

djones

i don't care about the hog footage. i want a copy of the opening soundtrack. it made me get up and bust a move.