Upstate South Carolina hog hunting outfits

LSB Active Member
My dad and his buddy are itching to shoot some hogs this summer b/f they come down to FL for the winter and hunt with me. They live about an hour north of Greenville, SC and an hour south of Asheville, NC. Hoping we have some SC/NC folks here who might be able to suggest a guided hunt with a reputable outfitter. I see several outfits in the low country, but the 'ol boys are hoping to avoid a several hour day trip if they can maybe find it upstate. We definitely know they have them up there they caused about $200k in damage to the golf course a few years ago. Brought in a guy with thermal/suppressor to take them out!

Thanks all.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I live about 3 hours from Greenville.

I was in Hendersonville, NC for a job interview in January. I stopped at several sporting good stores and gun stores to ask about the hog hunting. The guys at those places said there were no hogs near there and that one would have to go a few hours into SC to get into a good number of hogs.

I've got a good friend that lives in Columbia and I'll ask him about inexpensive hog hunts in the Columbia area.

LSB Active Member
Dang that stinks. I know they have them up where my dad is just maybe not in great numbers apparently. The golf course had to hand out assessments for the damage to about half a dozen greens, fairways and the irrigation system! Damn hogs!!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm sure you can find pockets of hogs, but I didn't hear anything from anyone to indicate an established population of hogs up there.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
My dad and his buddy are itching to shoot some hogs this summer b/f they come down to FL for the winter and hunt with me. They live about an hour north of Greenville, SC and an hour south of Asheville, NC. Hoping we have some SC/NC folks here who might be able to suggest a guided hunt with a reputable outfitter. I see several outfits in the low country, but the 'ol boys are hoping to avoid a several hour day trip if they can maybe find it upstate. We definitely know they have them up there they caused about $200k in damage to the golf course a few years ago. Brought in a guy with thermal/suppressor to take them out!

Thanks all.
DO NOT USE CHEROKEE RUN HUNTING LODGE... the guy is a scam artist and I chose to lose my deposit after listening to other hunters that went there. Theyre in South Carolina near the North Carolina border... The guy plays the "I'm a good Christian family man..." routine but he's a liar and a scam artist.... previous hunters told me the feeders were empty, he doesn't choose spots taking into account the wind and that all around they were unsatisfied. Hope this saves you from giving them a chance.

DO NOT USE CHEROKEE RUN HUNTING LODGE... the guy is a scam artist and I chose to lose my deposit after listening to other hunters that went there. Theyre in South Carolina near the North Carolina border... The guy plays the "I'm a good Christian family man..." routine but he's a liar and a scam artist.... previous hunters told me the feeders were empty, he doesn't choose spots taking into account the wind and that all around they were unsatisfied. Hope this saves you from giving them a chance.