UPDATED: Pulsar CORE FXQ38

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First off great videos and demonstrations. Thanks for takin the time to do all this.

So the fxq38 is a 2x optical clip on/monocular? Or am I off? Also to piggyback off that what's the difference between the 38 and the 50 in terms of lens size and magnification?

Also, is a 1-4x24 or a 1-6x24 not a good option for this to be sued in combination as a clip on? I get why a 3-9x40 would be or a 42 mm obj lens, or a 50 mm obj lens but if 3-4x is optimal for this unit, I would think a 1-4x24 or a 1-6x24 would be ideal as well that sellmark would consider??

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You're very welcome for the videos. I hope it is helping someone. Im having fun making them.

The 38 is 3.1x mag when used as a handheld and a 1x mag when used as an attachment. A 1-4x day scope would be ideal. The 27mm objective might be tough to find one with an outside diameter to fit the adapter/bushings. You could have a machine shop turn one or someone with a 3D printer make one if Pulsar doesn't have the size you want/need. I know that isn't the perfect answer, but I think Pulsar is trying to supply bushings for commonly used hunting scopes, but that is only speculation from me and not their official answer.

This chart might help.

I cranked my scope up to 9x Friday night and shot a fox at about 150 yards. A 308 165 grain sst does a number on a gray fox. The image was grainy, but it helped me place the shot better.

20170512_234821_zps0sj7otkt.jpg

Last edited:

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here is a video explaining the different adapters and hardware required to convert the CORE FXQ38 from a handheld to a forward attachment. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to see about this scope.

Randy

Iowa
Here is a video explaining the different adapters and hardware required to convert the CORE FXQ38 from a handheld to a forward attachment. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to see about this scope.

What an amazing, well done, informative, easy to follow video. Thanks for all your work and effort.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What an amazing, well done, informative, easy to follow video. Thanks for all your work and effort.

Thank you sir