UNV MDVR "unsupported file" problem recording

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i bought a new UNV MDVR a while back, bc the battery on the old one went out. This new one keeps saying "unsupported file" when I try to view my recorded videos. Ive used a few different SD cards and still having the problem. I checked the settings and can't find anything that would cause it to keep doing this. Any ideas how to fix the problem??

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Have you tried "formatting" your SD card with the MDVR? Sometimes that helps with file issues.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just formatted it. Deleted all the files I had on the card (videos of hog hunts that I could only view from my computer with a specific media player with no sound).

I tried to take a twofer today and I think the rear hog was hit. I think I remember him jumping and running off in the brush. Maybe buzzards will find him tmrw.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I've gotten that message a few times when the video files were not closed. I would load the SD card back in and record a short video of nothing ... thus opening a new file ... and then the previous one would be closed.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Download a program calledhand break, it's free and will convert any video file to mp4 or what ever format you want.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I downloaded handbrake and it works great. I think what’s happening is that the recoil is shutting down the dvr so when I convert the file it plays the video up until about 5 seconds before the shot and that’s where it ends the file. When the videos it dont say “unsupported file” the video works fine up until I manually stop recording like normal. This unsupported file, recoils dvr shutdown has caused issues getting good videos on probably 8 of the last 10 hunts I’ve been on.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just a wild guess …
Could your case somehow be causing your switch to turn the MDVR off somehow?
That is, could something in the case rub or push against the switch(es) that control recording?

NOTE: I did say it was a wild guess.

I mention this because I'm using the remote on/off switch. On the case I'm using it slips into a couple of loops. A couple of times I've jostled it while shouldering or carrying the rifle which caused one of the loops to slide over the switch and turn the MDVR on without my knowledge. Maybe the same thing or something similar could turn it off?
I'll concede that this should close the file properly and not give you the bad file.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just a wild guess …
Could your case somehow be causing your switch to turn the MDVR off somehow?
That is, could something in the case rub or push against the switch(es) that control recording?

NOTE: I did say it was a wild guess.

I mention this because I'm using the remote on/off switch. On the case I'm using it slips into a couple of loops. A couple of times I've jostled it while shouldering or carrying the rifle which caused one of the loops to slide over the switch and turn the MDVR on without my knowledge. Maybe the same thing or something similar could turn it off?
I'll concede that this should close the file properly and not give you the bad file.
Unfortunately not. I actually have a rubber band that keeps the SD card in and the power input cord in. The power input cord stays over the recording switch with an air gap. And when I check the dvr after shooting everything is still in the on position, it’s just not still recording.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Unfortunately not. I actually have a rubber band that keeps the SD card in and the power input cord in. The power input cord stays over the recording switch with an air gap. And when I check the dvr after shooting everything is still in the on position, it’s just not still recording.
That's pretty strange. If you were in my area, I'd say let's trade for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Maybe someone closer to you can try yours or let you try theirs. Having a recording device with a mind of its' own is certainly undesirable.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can always get a replacement DVR, much less expensive than from UNV, but without the Buzz Buzz notification for recording. Otherwise, the same physical unit.
Lumenier DX600 DVR
Foxtech Hobby:Your one-stop shop for Multicopter FPV UAV DJI T-MOTOR Propeller and Lipo battery

My MDVR seems to have problems, so I was doing a little research.
Looking at the first link (the Lumenier) under features I find a statement:

Vibration Alert
: The DX600 features a vibration alert function which notifies you of a lost video signal, missing SD card, and Video recording "start" and "stop"

So perhaps it actually does have the 'Buzz Buzz' notification …