Two Hunts and Two Boars Down

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
While I arrived on property at my first location nearly an hour ahead of schedule to scout out some new areas to hunt on the high fence exotics ranch, a looming storm drove me to seek shelter down in one of the lower areas I had hunted previously. After a couple of hours sitting in the truck, the rain and lightning passed and I commenced to watching critters.

The red deer doe and her older offspring took notice of something behind the dam. The way they were staring down, I thought maybe there was a snake or something, but then a hog came up the back side of the dam...

When I finished there, I started making a circuit to my other properties in the area. I was driving in to check the newly cleared 'back 40' when I spied this hog off in the distance. He was in a low spot and moving very quickly. As far out and low as he was (turns out he was just in a low spot), I thought he was a coyote, but as I headed to intercept, it became apparent it was a hog and that is about where the video starts...

So not a bad night. A bit of a technical glitch that I am hoping is a battery issue, but otherwise two good boars down with no tracking and easy to find - my kind of hunts.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely anchored! Love a good stiff-legged tip over... Christmas is cancelled.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Those were good!

Nice quick put-downs on both of them.
Keep After 'Em!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those deer didn't care at all! Well done sir