Trying to choose a NV scope

ColdSteelCowboy

Since thermal is so expensive I’ve decided that NV is best suited for me. My price range is 3k or less. I’ve been researching and have come up with 2 scopes thus far. But wanted to see what others might suggest as well. 1st scope is — Armasight Nemesis 4x Gen 2+. The 2nd scope is — D760 Night Vision Multipurpose Viewer Gen 2+ Hp. Has anyone used these and what are your thoughts?

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had an Armasight Nemesis 6x Gen 2+. Worked great for the time I had it. Kinda heavy. However for 3k you can get into a good thermal that would be much better. Look into the pulsar line. Also I'd recommend checking with ******** aka bigreddog on here.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can get a good thermal for less than 3K or right around that. You can pick up a Predator for that and there are a few units on sale in the “for sale hunting” section. BANG BANG!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also check with ******************* (********) then there is EBay look into the XD50s OLED they have been upgraded but a nice scope still!!

Last edited:

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you still can't afford a thermal scope, you might want to look at the video Todd just put up about the Photon RT for $500 or so.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for info but I have a question. Would you prefer a lower end thermal to a nicer NV scope?

Thermal. Unless you are using the the scope to see out a glass window, then thermal. I do believe that you could get a Pulsar Apex XQ50 in your price range and while it is "lower end," it is far from being bottom end and is a very functional scope that will easily handle shooting hogs at typical hunting distances (<100 yards for most people) and still handle them quite well beyond 150 yards and in good conditions, 200 yards certainly could be done. You will be able to spot animals at much greater distances with it than with a NV scope and you will be able to see animals readily that may be hiding in the shadows. Plus, you can use the thermal in daylight much more readily than you can use the NV scope without worry of potential damage to the sensor.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
... . What’s the thoughts on pulsar apex XQ50 50 ..

The Apex are still great scopes ... I've had 4 of them ... down to 1 now ( a 38) ... but they get the job done. Best bang for the buck ...

Last time I looked on OP the Apex 50 was showing $2,800, so definitely in your price range.

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I’d cut you a sweet deal on a 336 Predator.

ColdSteelCowboy

Anyone have a lead on where to buy a Pulsar Apex XQ50 where they are in stock and ready to ship? If not how long of a wait do you guys think?

chthump

LSB Member
a 336 thermal can be found for under 3k, Ive shot coyotes out past 200yds, lots of piggies, definitely better than NV, in my opinon

Both have there place but thermal will give you more shots