Trying for first NV kill

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Headed out to the lease now. Hope to report my first night vision kill tonight. Wish me luck and many thanks to Ident.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good luck! Kill or not you will have fin with the NV.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well had a blast was not able to stay as long as I wanted. Shot a spike before sundown and handed it off to get it to the cooler. Then went back out after the sun went down with my son.

The night was dark. NV would hardly work without the DBal illuminator. Got it all dialed in and was sitting on my stand since it is still deer season and did not want to run all over my lease mates areas. Caught a glimpse of a bobcat but he made it to the trees before I could get solid on him. Got a phone call then and had to head out pretty quick but not before some coons came out so one well placed 120gr SST from 85 yards away and a corn thief became my first kill with my NV.

Not as great an outcome as I had hoped for but still a good evening. Will get pictures up shortly I hope.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg Here is the spike. The picture of the coon did not turn out. This was first blood for my 6.8 pistol. Waiting on SBR and suppressor stamps to come through.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are amazing. Have looked at them several times since I got it. Eric told me when I got it that stars were something to check out.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
On some nights I have seen 10 or more shooting stars. Ones that are invisible without night vision. The stars are incredible.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh I normally see way more than that shooting stars are everywhere! It's like my own fireworks show. On those nights when it's going slow I start watching them. Probably missed some nice hogs that way lol!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Good work!
The night vision makes night hunting more effective as well as great for looking at the stars, after the night vision comes thermal.
You will be amazed at all the critters that can be seen with thermal.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job!! Congrats!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks to all. I am just stoked it came together. I was kinda let down after Saturday but today is another day as they say. If anyone is on the fence about night vision it is WAY better than kill lights and ND3 lasers. I own and have used both but my PVS is so much better. I know it is high but I have been saving for a while but I finally got here seemed like forever though.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good work!
The night vision makes night hunting more effective as well as great for looking at the stars, after the night vision comes thermal.
You will be amazed at all the critters that can be seen with thermal.
Thermal will be another 2 year wait I am sure LOL

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations, just makes me want it even more.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
WooHoo! Dead critters! Good job and congrats.