Try to outsmart another Boar

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is the spot where I shot that boar last week, the one that came in earlier everyday to get a free snack until I was able to shoot him during daylight. I stopped by there yesterday and checked for tracks..there were 2 sets I figured one big hog and a medium. I set up a camera before I left. There is 1 big boar and another medium sized hog there. They were eating my bait around 2 am for about 30 minutes. I am going to feed them everyday until they come in early enough to shoot them during the daylight if all goes well.
(I put some duct tape over the top of the camera to help keep rain off lens but it interfered with the ir light I think. Pics were not very good)horse ranch 020.JPG horse ranch 043.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that is a brute..good luck on the plan!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you have another plan. Get em!!! or both of them. Good luck, hope to see a story shortly. BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where's my popcorn, this should be fun.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is this with a feeder that can have the time adjusted slowly?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep it is my opinion that hogs do not come out after midnight or in the day. That's why I only hunt from 8 to midnight. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's a horse rescue ranch. The guy hates hog tearing up his fields. I set up a scissors ladder stand, only about 50-60 yds from the highway. For some reason the hogs come out at that corner, I have walked it and google mapped it and still don't know why they come out there but they do. So I just stop by and park on the road and toss some "special" corn out for them and check camera. If they keep coming earlier for their treat I will be there. They are just a bit big to go in a trap, they get pretty cautious at that size. Hopefully it will only take a couple days.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, Pics from 2nd night. The hogs are coming out as planned earlier now, from 2 a.m. originally to 9:45-10 pm. last night. I fed a bit again this morning and expect them at 8- 8: 30 tonight so I will have to hold off tonight and go tomorrow night which should have me in stand by 7 pm with lots of light to record it. If they follow along with my plans all should be good. Extra bonus picture right before I got there this morning. Kitty KatHorse ranch march 19 004.JPG Horse ranch march 19 023.JPG Horse ranch march 19 027.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh good another target!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh good another target!
I may try to trap him if he shows up again, first need to concentrate on the food products. meat.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That cat is good to eat also

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Boy I wish my Hogs could be trained to come on MY schedule. I am convinced that they sit on their haunches just south of my fence line waiving their stubby little front legs pointing at me sitting in the dark and laughing their #$% off at me.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Smoke 'dat kitty while yer at it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boy I wish my Hogs could be trained to come on MY schedule. I am convinced that they sit on their haunches just south of my fence line waiving their stubby little front legs pointing at me sitting in the dark and laughing their #$% off at me.
Haha, I am just using what I have learned about them to use it against them. If they aren't harassed by another or anything weird happens at night while they are out they will keep coming. The thing you can't predict is what may happen overnight to them, chased by dogs, hit by vehicle etc...etc....So time is of the essence, gives me 1 really best night to kill them, after that initial coming out during daylight it can get sideways pretty fast. I go ahead and make noise coming in and feeding so they get used to me being there at that time, they will bed closer and closer to that food source. The most cautious part is getting in undetected for the shot.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My camera didn't get any pictures last night. Sometimes I have to format the SD card when switching from camera to game camera or it was the torrential downpour all night. Either way I will sit in my stand tonight and see if the hogs come. The whole place is running water so they may have moved to higher ground and be gone.
A customer sent me a picture of one of my Coyote/Bobcat traps he uses. A very wet, muddy, mad raccoon. Must have been hanging on top of cage sucking air. lolScreenshot_2015-03-21-08-39-10.png

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My camera didn't get any pictures last night. Sometimes I have to format the SD card when switching from camera to game camera or it was the torrential downpour all night. Either way I will sit in my stand tonight and see if the hogs come. The whole place is running water so they may have moved to higher ground and be gone.
A customer sent me a picture of one of my Coyote/Bobcat traps he uses. A very wet, muddy, mad raccoon. Must have been hanging on top of cage sucking air. lolView attachment 2127
Talk about a mud-puppy !!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would not have wanted to release that sucker alive. I bet he was some irritated.