Troubleshooting

I just received my predator 640 and read the manual and when I turned unit on I’m only getting the crosshairs with no image. I’m I doing something wrong?? Frustration level at EXPLOSIVE!!

marineimaging

LSB Member
I just received my predator 640 and read the manual and when I turned unit on I’m only getting the crosshairs with no image. I’m I doing something wrong?? Frustration level at EXPLOSIVE!!
Absolutely, you are doing something wrong. Step 1. Unpack patience under all circumstances. Step 2. REad the instructions for a 2nd, third, and forth time. Step 3. Give yourself a week to learn the steps to make it work properly. Step 4. Check your gas gauge. Seriously, my ATN is more simple but I literally gave myself a week before I would even think of getting disappointed. And so glad I did. Each step leads to a better understanding of the other steps. Now I can do it with my eyes closed.

Absolutely, you are doing something wrong. Step 1. Unpack patience under all circumstances. Step 2. REad the instructions for a 2nd, third, and forth time. Step 3. Give yourself a week to learn the steps to make it work properly. Step 4. Check your gas gauge. Seriously, my ATN is more simple but I literally gave myself a week before I would even think of getting disappointed. And so glad I did. Each step leads to a better understanding of the other steps. Now I can do it with my eyes closed.

Haha yes I’ve been reading all night about it and have calmed down. And a friend has same exact one and he’s confused too. So I guess I’ll be calling consumer service in the morning.

marineimaging

LSB Member
By the way, I would be interested in knowing how well that system works when you finally get it functioning properly. The ATN day/night is great for what it is so far.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Either you have the lens cap still on or it isn't working. It should just come on regardless of how much you read. If you have crosshairs, you should have image. If no image, either the lens cap is on or the scope is not functioning properly. There is no setting where you don't get an image other than the crosshairs.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you may think Brian is kidding but you have no idea how many do forget to remove the end cap

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
contrast turned all the way to one direction?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotcha.

I had a battery holder break and am now using my spare. I contacted FLIR on the 16th about getting a new one (none listed on their accessories page) and I got the automated email reply, but no other response.