Tripod stands for hog hunting/is the grendal underpowered for hogs

tjohnson

Does POI change with zoom? That is how people might see it, but it would be the POA that actually changes, and the answer is that it does NOT. Some of the early ATN, IR Defense, and even FLIR (RS series) scopes had this issue. If you hold the rifle in place and change zoom levels, you actually would see the crosshairs jump to a different position looking at a different spot. So it is the POA that would change, not the POI.

If you are shooting at 100-150 yards, chances are that your aiming can benefit from zoom.
I went to the range to confirm zero and it was dead nuts on, @100 I shot at all magnifications with the results you predicted no change, thanks Brian for explaining that two me.
I guess I’m all set, I’m gonna try it again this weekend see what happens it’s supposed to rain all weekend so maybe they’ll be moving

caveman

Gotta say I shot 3 hogs this last weekend any where from 125yards to 15 yards. All died all neck shots . Using 6.5 grendal 123 eld black match . Two did run , one dropped in its tracks all had massive damage.