Trijicon Reap-IR Issues

waverider

LSB Member
Has anyone had issues with their Reap-IR? Loss of focus, white lines in the screen, "static" on the screen?

Two weeks ago I started seeing white lines and static after firing a shot, but it would clear out if you NUC'ed the scope. This past weekend the static wouldn't clear up and eventually I lost all image display. The scope data (crosshairs, menu options) were still visible, but no image.

I sent it in and will be curious to hear what they say about it. I'm just curious is others are having issues.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
go on Sniper Hide and look under the NV section. Several people have had similar issues, and sent the IR back and it came back quickly and fixed better than new.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got the bad pixels on my reap-ir very first trip. It happend after firing more than two shots rapidly. They replaced it fast. Have not shot with the new one yet. Seems to be recoil sensitive.

Steve

LSB Member
You are not the only one with issues. I have a good friend that has had to send his back twice now in less than 2 years b/c of core issues and currently has his at Trijicon waiting on a diagnosis of the latest problem/issue.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn. Hope they fix it right the first time and in a timely manner for you. Mine hasn't had issues. Knock on wood.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Mine lost focus. Sent it back they said nothing was wrong with it. Came back with a crisp image but with a bad pixel.

D

djones

Mine lost focus. Sent it back they said nothing was wrong with it. Came back with a crisp image but with a bad pixel.
have lawman call them. he'll get it taken care of right... and pronto!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got a much better vibe from Trijicon than I did with IRD and their 3 people. Trijicon answers the phone promptly.

D

djones

mine busted a pixel very quickly when rifle mounted. notified trij and the send me an rma. i said i would use it for about 6 weeks and then send it in. then the zues went out for the second time and i used the reap as weapon site bkup. then 2 more pixels went out. one of them pretty bad. looked like a cats eye from top to bottom. i really missed scouting with it while it was on the gun. if the killin ever slows down i'll send it in. feel confident they'll take care of it.

Mindreader1

LSB Member
Is this an issue that's more from the initial batch of triji branded reaps or is it also happening with the newer issues? I'm sure they had some integration issues earlier on? That's pretty bad if it can't handle the recoil it's rated to manage

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I got a much better vibe from Trijicon than I did with IRD and their 3 people. Trijicon answers the phone promptly.

Interesting ... I've been engaging with IRD/TEO support since Nov 2016 ... and I don't think I can tell the difference ... I think I've gotten the same person every time ... Justine Hillis ... where she was answering as IRD or TEO ... now other people have called me back if I left messages ... but the person who has answered the phone has been Justine. She scheduled my upgrade mk2 to mk3 back in Dec and followed up afterwards. And I've gotten some extra parts from her as well recently. I have gotten some interesting follow up calls from others from IRD/TEO. IRD/TEO seem engaged in supporting customers.

I was impressed with Armasight customer support, compared to ATN in previous years. ATN I would rate as borderline "hostile" ... and this after talking with a number of different people .. so it seems to be the 'culture' ... Armasight was so much better, there was no comparison ... but IRD/TEO seems at least 10% better ...

I haven't experienced Pulsar CS yet ... but because I've had no issues so far !!! Well none the dealer hasn't been able to address.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Oh .. I had a "growing bad pixel" issue in the mk2 ... but I've read that might have been a software issue with the mk2 ... since the upgrade ... I've had zero bad pixels ...

Night Owl

LSB Member
It sure is nice to have a community like this to give some great feedback on the performance of these thermal units. In my time here and elsewhere , I don't seem to recall of any problems with the Pulsars. After reading this, I'm now going to go with one of the new Pulsar units.

Reliability "Trump(s)"aesthetics and features for me.

Last edited:

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think you could go wrong with one of the new Pulsars or a Trijicon product. The pulsar is hands down the winner in the value department though. Only real downside at the present is they're all heavily backordered. We only one pulsar unit in stock presently. It's hard to keep them on hand.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Night Vision guys had four xp50's and four xp38 trails as of yesterday not sure what's left now.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh .. I had a "growing bad pixel" issue in the mk2 ... but I've read that might have been a software issue with the mk2 ... since the upgrade ... I've had zero bad pixels ...
I have bad pixels in both the mkIII and the second reap-ir now they do not effect performance at all but they are there. If that kind of thing bothers you just know it seems quite common. I had never heard of this before getting them but I had not researched it much seems to be a common thing. Again does not effect use at all at least for me.