Trijicon question

BrantSFGDS

Does anybody have the scoop on what’s going on at Trijicon? My dealer was at the SHOT Show a couple weeks ago and I had him looking for the best deal on an IR-Hunter for me and he said that Trijicon is selling off the division that makes the thermal scopes, or something to that effect. Anyway, the scopes are on backorder with the distributor he uses but he placed an order. What have y’all heard?

Tmm

LSB Member
I don’t know anything about if they’re selling it off or not. I’m a nobody . But you’re dealer really only needs to do one of two things to find you a “deal”
1. Call trijicon and order one for you, unless he deals with a distributor. In that case......

2. Call the distributor and order you one. Assuming they’re available, he can then make you as good of a “deal” as he sees fit .

In the last couple years I’ve ordered from just about all of them. Some are much easier to deal with than others. Some have their best interests in front of yours. Same as buying a truck. Good luck with the trijicon. You’ll enjoy it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting since they have done nothing for the brand, it is not their forte

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Exactly. Now you pay $500 more and you get a hard case, a printed manual and a decal. I think IRD would do just find by themselves, as they were doing :)

BrantSFGDS

I don’t know anything about if they’re selling it off or not. I’m a nobody . But you’re dealer really only needs to do one of two things to find you a “deal”
1. Call trijicon and order one for you, unless he deals with a distributor. In that case......

2. Call the distributor and order you one. Assuming they’re available, he can then make you as good of a “deal” as he sees fit .

In the last couple years I’ve ordered from just about all of them. Some are much easier to deal with than others. Some have their best interests in front of yours. Same as buying a truck. Good luck with the trijicon. You’ll enjoy it.
Thanks for the reply. My scope is on order through the distributor that my guy uses. What I was told is that Trijicon is filling all the paid orders that this distributor has and then there will be some kind of changeover. We’ll see what happens. I really wish they would have made a 60mm REAP-IR before they pulled this stunt.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
... I really wish they would have made a 60mm REAP-IR ...

They did, the M250XR ...

Trijicon has 2 housings .. the joystick and the turret ... and they have 19mm, 35mm and 60mm lens on the fronts of each housing.

My guess is the joystick housing plus the 60mm lens combination can't take the recoil. Hence not weapons rated/capable. I'm sure they would've done it if they could've. All the other lens/housing combinations have weapons rated/capable versions.

As a spotter the XR is probably the best we can buy. With the manual focus ring, that puts it ahead of the Mk3 60mm which has no focus ring. I wanted weapons capable, so I got the mk3 60mm, like you did.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
maybe FLIR is getting them now since they did such a great job with armasight...lol

BrantSFGDS

I sent an email to Trijicon customer service last night. I’ll let y’all know what they say, if anything. I may very well end up going with a vendor on here if this doesn’t work out. I went with my buddy because I’ve worked for him before and done business with him for 19 years. Plus, he quoted me the best price. Now, if I was home and wanted my new toy now, I may have gone a different route. I’m deployed for a year so I’m in no hurry. I was just curious if anybody else had heard any scuttlebutt about Trijicon.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope but I did see where optics planet has limited sales of Magazine to 10 rds or less in any platform. They have lost my business. Support and and good product/pricing seem to be the answer in Thermal, without both better to move to another brand

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
A "box" store like OP might have decent pricing, but I've never had an LSB vendor who could not match or beat. And as far as support, well for OP a thermal and a box of Kleenex are the same thing. They are "break bulk" business. The LSB vendors use this crap and hunt with it and can actually provide support, which OP could not, even if they wanted to. And personally, I'd pay a little extra for knowledgeable, experienced support anyway, though I haven't had to yet!

Thanks for the tip on the 10rd mag limit Frank T. I will join your boycott.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
YEP IF the local really knows and uses his gear then always go local to you even for a little more money.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Gotta admit, that is a most convoluted load of crap I have heard in a while …
Aw, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think!

And personally, I'd pay a little extra for knowledgeable, experienced support anyway, though I haven't had to yet!
As I've gotten older I've adopted this philosophy more and more. As they say, good help is hard to find and the LSB vendors seem to be on top of things.

Of course, they also say "With age comes wisdom", but in my case it appears that age came alone … :cool:

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
A "box" store like OP might have decent pricing, but I've never had an LSB vendor who could not match or beat. And as far as support, well for OP a thermal and a box of Kleenex are the same thing. They are "break bulk" business. The LSB vendors use this crap and hunt with it and can actually provide support, which OP could not, even if they wanted to. And personally, I'd pay a little extra for knowledgeable, experienced support anyway, though I haven't had to yet!

Thanks for the tip on the 10rd mag limit Frank T. I will join your boycott.

I just got the Flir PTS233. I could have bought it from anywhere but chose to go with a supporting vendor here and so far am completely satisfied. I have bought a good amount of stuff from OP in the past but I'm going to check this 10 rd. magazine thing out.

I found this from Optics Planet on The Truth About Guns website. Sounds like a valid explanation to me seeing how they are located in the shadow of Chicago.

"At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products such as bump stocks or binary triggers, when many did. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

In this case, insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity. We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

We own up to the fact that we did not explain this well internally, which led to an unclear message given to the customer, but we can completely repudiate any notion that this is a reaction to any recent event or the political climate. Unfortunately, our loyal customer base is best served by purchasing their magazines from retailers in “free” states. This issue is currently out of our hands. We’re committed to working hard to retain your business for everything else you need.

It’s unfortunate that this issue has created so much confusion, and we apologize for not providing clearer messaging in the first place. We continue to support our passionate customer community as we have for the past eighteen years in every way we can."

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
screw OP as I posted on their FB page, move or distribute from a gun friendly state, Magpul did so can you

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I turned off my email notifications from OP and gave reason "10 round magazine policy".

I have sent a lot of people to them due to the "automatic" 10% discount, but no more.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have some sympathy for their situation. They don't write the laws but they have to obey them.
It's not necessarily easy for a business to pack up and move. It can be done, as Magul demonstrated, but it's not an easy thing to pack up and tell your employees goodbye.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And think about that. Tell your employees to give up all their friends, established personal networks, schools, medical care, spouse employment, and move to support the company's political views, or be out of a job. Never mind that the employees support the same political views and went to work for the company where it was located. Magpul only had 112 employees when they moved. Optics Planet has over 1600. Magpul's move was easy compared to what OP would have to go through, though most of Magpul's employees did not make the move to Wyoming.

Of course, Magpul didn't move to Wyoming simply to get out of where they were for political reasons. Wyoming gave them an $8.3 million interest free loan to fund land and their new distribution center. So they had tremendous incentive to move. Magpul did not offer to pay for their employees to move.