Training

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So... a buddy of mine sent me the link. We've received our "packets". Now, we need to plan a trip to "Front Sight" for a class.

The link is a rather long page, listing what's being purchased... and is what's in the packet. I also received my membership card for lifetime membership to Front Sight. Cost was $247 (plus shipping).

I'm not pitching anything, haven't been promised some "extra" for recruiting anyone... just sharing the link I was given. (I have no idea how long the offer is valid)

Time to begin watchin' some videos. I'll sound off with some comments as I go.

http://www.targetfocustraining.com/p/lethal-weapon-special/fs.php

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Let me preface with this. My buddy is a fine, upstanding man. Spent the majority of his adult years (not only properly raising, and caring for his own) helping to nurture youngsters to grow up to be productive/helpful people in the community. A speeding ticket (rare) is his biggest blemish with the law. However... LEO isn't part of his background/life. Yet, HE found this training, and decided to share it with me. The primary market for this, appears to be LEO, some military, and some "just plain folk".

DVD #1, this isn't about learning a "technique" of fighting, or of how to handle yourself when you meet non-compliance. This is about making friends with the fact that when your gut tells you, someone is going to the hospital/morgue (fight/flight)... THIS is how you see to it that YOU go home, and the other guy takes the unwanted route. This is about flipping that switch inside of you that goes from being "social" to "asocial", from being a peace loving person to being violent. To inflict injury, taking the other guy out of the fight. This is beyond the "What if" scenarios, this is how to stay alive.

It's called "Target Focus Training", in that the purpose is to train you to pick a target, focus on that target, and inflict injury to that target (ear drum, solar plexus, eyes, joints, major nerves, etc.)... until you feel safe enough to walk away from the threat you face. Interesting, thus far. Everything is done slowly and deliberately, practicing the mechanics of "if I'm targeting THIS spot, THIS is how I do it". The "partner" demonstrates what the physical response should be to that type of an injury (at the minimum). If YOU do not SEE that type of reaction at the moment of truth, you need to step it up and either target the same spot, or pick another one until you DO see the correct response. The desired response is that of an automatic reflex the body WILL do, such as a direct poke to the eyes will net the body to rapidly move back (as the hands come up to protect/hold/cover the eyes). If you've just ruptured his testicles, he will bend at the waist while thrusting backwards and reaching to protect further injury. If you've just stood on, and put all your force onto his ankle (just above that bony bump), he WILL crumple to the floor when he's no longer able to stand on his broken ankle.

That was DVD #1. 7 more to go. I'm already reminded of the day when my thought process changed from "if" I ever had to pull the trigger, to "when" that time happens. I'm also reminded of the line in the movie "Road House"... "until it's no longer time to be nice". This series of DVD (#1-3) is said to've been filmed during a course put on for some Federal LEO in New Mexico (don't know when/where).

Last edited:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I amended my comment above to reflect a change in categorizing. As "social" beings, we move about with our interactions with one another. Within this realm of behavior/life is both, "social" and "anti-social" behavior. We strive to affectively/correctly negotiate within this behavior in society. Completely separate from this realm of everyday life is the "asocial". The "predators". When you find yourself face to face with THIS realm, it's time.

The focus of this DVD series is HOW to effect the injury(s) needed to shut the predator down. Themes used are that of:

Penetration=Driving your body's mass into the space occupied by him.
Rotation=Depending upon the need, moving your mass away from the threat point, or affecting the acceleration of his mass into the ground as you have a limb locked in, resulting in further injury.
Injury=Causing that spinal reflex in him that momentarily takes him out of the fight.

The sequence of those three above can vary, upon your need... but, all three should come into play... and can come into play in a cascading/layered affect as you introduce trauma.

The "weapon" is the brain, control his weapon and the tools in hand lessen in their threat to you. As long as you can find a target on his body, affect injury to that target (intensified with penetration/rotation), look for your next targeted point, continuing to do damage until you realize he's no longer a threat to you, then your survivability is increased. "Tools" in your hand can intensify the trauma you're inflicting, even quickening lethality.

They get into a little bit of weapon retention, baton use, knife use as well... but, strive to bring you to a realization that those are merely tools used by the true weapon, your functioning brain, and the ability to find/attack the next target point on him.

This is all separate from how we navigate within society and the social boundaries. This is beyond the tactics used to meet non-compliance with an elevated level of force/interaction... meant to "talk them down". This is into the realm of: "The hair on the back of your neck has stood up and you KNOW it's time to survive." This is within that realm of "deadly force" is needed, but getting TO your weapon may require too much time... or, you're outnumbered by how many predators you're facing and help is a lifetime away.

I don't know if I can correctly communicate this... but, one way they described it is... you're LIVING within the core of being capable of inflicting extreme violence upon someone, looking for each target point on them as you interact with them... but, THEY have not penetrated the various veils of "going there" with you, so there's no need to unleash on them. You're content to interact with them within society's boundaries at the varied levels (whether their behavior is "social" or "anti-social"). If THEY suddenly leap to that realm of "asocial", you're already looking for your first target point and how you're going to inflict injury.

The next 5 DVDs should be interesting.

The way it's filmed, you can pair up with a partner, listen to each step-by-step instruction of how to inflict the intended injury... your partner is shown HOW to respond (physically) to the act, and this gives you a visual record of what (at a minimum) to look for as you act. You continue to focus on a target point on him and inflict injury until you see the results your visual memory has stored. Each one takes turn being the giver/receiver of damage. You can "pause" and practice as needed, until it becomes an owned execution of movement... and then "resume". They're very careful to stress over and over that the training is very slow and deliberate, to train you to focus on the target. "Technique" is not of concern, we all know how to stomp, drive forward, twist at real time speed and with full force. This is about learning how to use those motions to effectively do injury, so YOU survive. Great care is used during the "own the execution" phase... and the transfer of your body weight (onto where you will stomp) doesn't happen until your partner is already falling down from the touch of the foot to the point above the knee (for example)... or, the slow motion placement of the foot (as if stomping) to the point above the bony protrusion of the ankle as you're breaking the ankle. The cupped hand is touched to the ear in slow motion, then the partner physically repels away from the moment of touching (impact simulation). Your body mass is then taking the place he once occupied and you're finding your next target of opportunity to attack.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sounds like good stuff there Mr. Dog!!I have been accused of being asocial most of my life. Or was that a**hole most of my life? can't remember. Is there a difference? I do enjoy the methods of instantly rendering an aggressor ineffective. Being an old fat man with only 3 seconds of breath motivates this way of thinking. No more protracted battles for this old man.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hear ya... the older I get, the longer pain lingers. Let the non-humans have some. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you
kungfu.gif

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Been watching the next group of DVDs... leverage to break joints. Most definitely "primal" stuff. WAY beyond gaining "compliance" through "pain".