Tough hunting

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Christmas week was a tough hunting week for me it seems the hogs and I were on totally opposite schedules. The first night I chased a boar down and got him but after that nothing. The next night the wife was sick so I was on baby duty and stayed home. Next morning I go to look at the field I was hunting and this is what I found.

The next two nights I sat on this field and watched the deer. The deer were finally so comfy with me they were feeding ten yards from me lol but the hogs never came. Then next night I tried another property with no luck only to get a call from the first property saying they had rooted up the field even more. So once again I switched back to the first property and did not see a single hog. But the second property got hit LOL.
The hogs destroyed a couple of feeders.

Finally on the last night I killed the lead sows out of three sounders and three piglets. Im working on taking out the leaders so the sounders will be dumbed down for a little project I'm working on ;)

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Seems this time of year the luck is off all over. Most days I walk my friends property there are deer all over the place. I go for hunting season and nothing. Did start seeing hog tracks again though so that will lead to some fun.

So what's this top secret project? Huh huh huh?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We get the same thing here, I am one of the few that feeds year round but during deer season there are 150 feeders around and lots of people traffic. There is no way to pattern or guess where they are.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was out opening weekend in northern Florida and it was a mad house. Between the hunters shooting at anything that moved and the damn snowbirds throwing parties in the woods, you couldn't find anything.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ain't it frustrating when things are just out of sync? It makes for so much more work to make any headway.