took a friend and got 4

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I brought a friend out to my dads place last week. This would be his first time hog hunting. around midnight we went to the second property about 20 mins away and we approach a bait spot with hogs. this spot is in a ditch, off a dirt road, that is lined with lots of cover, so u shoot from the road looking down the creek bed and we throw the corn about 40 yds from the road in the ditch. point being, as soon as you shoot in there the hogs run up out of the ditch and into cover quick so u dont have much time for follow up shots. there were about 20 pigs in there that i could see very well with the pvs-14. my buddy needed his ir light on the digisight though and when he hit them with the IR, what appeared to be the lead sow, alerted and as he scanned off to the left, she started leaving to the right and a couple others were following suit. I told him to hurry so he rushed his shot and gut shot one and i shot at 2, possibly hitting one as they dissappeared into cover, but i did anchor the gut shot one as it ran off. since i finished her off he wouldnt accept that as his first pig

Second night, we find a 150 lb lone boar in the same ditch. this time i give him my gun so he doesnt need the IR. he took a quartering away shot that clipped the heart and left a very heavy blood trail and a solid wound channel (115 grain federal fusion 6.8). he ran about 75 yards and crashed. My friend wanted the meat so we drug him back to the road and started walking to the truck while high fiving and reliving the prevoius moments. then about 100 yds from the truck and 20 yards in front of us under the moonlight are 3 more pigs. afer getting our night vision set back up, we restalk to within 50 yards and take out 2 of the 3 on a countdown. we also may have wounded the 3rd from that group bc i shot whenever two were standing in line with my shot. all in all we had a pretty good time.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great story

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go and introduce a newbie to our passion!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Blooded knives, what fun. Poke 'em in the ass and see if they flinch. LOL (Right rgilbert?)