Time to Trap some more

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I designed a new trap set up in my mind. lol I will build it today, it's a corral style trap but a 1 man operation. I have to haul it in to this fence line, can't get close with the truck because of the rain. We will see how that works out. There are some smaller hogs that are more easily trapped and I have no night hunting tools.m2 004.JPG m2 066.JPG m2 015.JPG

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If u wanna do some night shooting I can bring 2 AR's with thermals out one night ... Not too far away

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We may have to do that. If that is the case I will make a better plan on a couple different places to up our odds. Just have to get some permissions here and there. These guys never come at the same time it seems but that would be a lot of fun!!!
The guy who owns the property next door has more property and hogs and he is curious about thermal etc... I may be able to set up something with him. His place would be a great one to hunt.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sell armasight (don't push um on this board, don't wanna step on any toes)...let me know .. No rush

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sell armasight (don't push um on this board, don't wanna step on any toes)...let me know .. No rush
We will do it. He has $ and what better opportunity than someone come to him on his place for a real life demo. I will set it up.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Target rich spot there. Lots of Happy Meals too.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Warning... After using a thermal you might sell your house, kids, or car to get one... I got rid of 2 out of 3

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would gladly trade the wife for a thermal, you taking trades?

Go get'em Dan!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would gladly trade the wife for a thermal, you taking trades?

Go get'em Dan!
Taking wives in on trade ?!?!?!?!? I'm in. Ok, so... it's the "ex"... and I ain't seen her mug since.... 1990. But, I'm sure she's still a good cook.

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok, so no good is going to come of where this thread is heading.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, I asked the wife, she said no she was not going to be trade fodder, I told her at 30 she could easily say no but at 60+ she might want to reconsider...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So (Frank)? What are you cooking yourself for dinner for the next month? LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey RD, I am self sufficient, no worries Pal...and she knows it!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a wife somewhere. She lives in a 700k house in California and I am renting a 5k mobile home and she won't finish the divorce after 4 years because she wants alimony . Really? Hasn't talked to me in 4 years, a bit crazy. Keeps me from making any big mistakes here though. lol Could be worse.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan whatever u do, don't start baiting some open areas so that y'all may have the opportunity for follow up shots on running pigs and then post the thermal videos here...
#dontyoucareabouthechildren
#gunsense

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan whatever u do, don't start baiting some open areas so that y'all may have the opportunity for follow up shots on running pigs and then post the thermal videos here...
#dontyoucareabouthechildren
#gunsense
Ha, I don't have great areas right now, very small skinny lanes.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the trapping theme... I took one out of your book (dan).... Got a dog proof coon trap today... It's already marshmallow filled and set up by the lake... There's gonna be a pissed off coon in an hour or two. He ain't getting away with it... Screwed it to a railroad tie

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Marshmallows work good especially if you want a snack while setting the trap.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And? If you get there and find him with one on each hoof? Does Dan get to claim his trap?