Thursday hunt, no hogs but...

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't you hate it when one of these guys sneaks up on you! Any other time they sound like a herd of elephants. That's my tripod leg at the bottom of the pic.

dilloa.gif

But, I was still able to get this cat after it got dark using a Trail XP50 at 85 yds. The 6.8 sst did
a real good job of gutting it for me (exit on other side not shown). Huge blood trail.

catB.gif

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did the 'dillo join fluffy in taking a dirt nap? Nice Robert-Kitty.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It took me a long time to be able to tell the difference between armadillos and hogs in the woods and it usually requires listening for a short while to be sure. 'dillos can sound like the sounds hogs sometimes make when moving through leaves as such, particularly when hogs are treading lightly or moving slow.

Mice bounding through the leaves can sound like a short series of deer steps. There is all sorts of auditory fun in the dark!

NICE KITTY!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It took me a long time to be able to tell the difference between armadillos and hogs in the woods and it usually requires listening for a short while to be sure. 'dillos can sound like the sounds hogs sometimes make when moving through leaves as such, particularly when hogs are treading lightly or moving slow.

Mice bounding through the leaves can sound like a short series of deer steps. There is all sorts of auditory fun in the dark!

NICE KITTY!

Yeah, I remember that time when I could hear stuff like that.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think the dillo was interseted in getting an Trail XP50 for himself, so he came by to take a looksy through yours to see if he liked the resolution and display.

Purdy Kitty!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did the 'dillo join fluffy in taking a dirt nap? Nice Robert-Kitty.
What? Shoot the Texas state mammal.... Don't want that on my conscience.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice bobcat!! Armadillos can definitely sound like hogs, especially when I bow hunted.