Throwing a curve ball at nocturnal bucks

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 437, Jul 5, 2017.

1. 437

437 LSB Member

He related to Bullwinkle? DANG! Excellent work.

Cazz likes this.
  2. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Holy cow Cazz! You shoot some huge deer. Do you have a good recipe for those antlers?

Cazz likes this.
  3. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Another Hawg!

4. Cazz

Cazz US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I have a few more, but they're smaller. I do love deer hunting! Apologies for hijacking this post so I could show off! LOL.
    Buck2015.jpg PB190013.JPG

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. 437

437 LSB Member

no need to apologize i love looking at deer whether they be from a tree, trail cam or victory photo. you say you are 'no expert on deer', but i know a lot of guys who think they are who don't have that album of quality bucks to brag about. keep hammerin!

6. slim_shady

slim_shady LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Now that is a nice looking buck!

I'm from Minnesota. I started hunting after I moved here to Texas, however know several who hunt up north, and have personally seen plenty of whitetail deer while in MN. I was shocked to see how much smaller they are down here where I'm at.

7. 437

437 LSB Member

So this experiment is still playing out. Not what I'd hoped for yet in terms of a solid shooter on cam yet, but a couple of nice asides. Not one single hog b/c the food is all gone well before sunset. Also not one single cow b/c it's not easy to get to for them which is a double bonus. 2 nice healthy thick chested 6's and one of them looks like he was ready to split about 3 weeks ago and I'm pulling the chip Friday. Still way early I'm hoping some of the big boys I've caught on thermal loitering in the rye fields around me have made their way in to my feeder in the last 2 weeks. Tons of doe a couple of fat ones will be taking one on opening day for sure they show up like clock work b/t 1 and 2 pm for a 1pm throw. When the bucks come which is not as rhythmic as the ladies it's before one and they are competing with the does to beat them out so feeding in mid day 95 degree heat(in the shade). So, been fun thus far seeing the how/what/when a mid day feed might produce vs a 7am/7pm like the 14 other feeders on the property.

RattlesnakeDan likes this.