SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog killin', congrats.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice bounty!

LSB Active Member
Water went down so we was able to get to our other spots. Another 39.5 inch boar and two pint sized ones. Small ones at 50 yards boar at 125-150. *** 7.62x 39 8M3 ammo Apex XQ50.
what flavor hollow point? tula wolf brown bear? nice work!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what flavor hollow point? tula wolf brown bear? nice work!
437 look up the Tulammo 8M3 7.62x39 ammo. It gets 11-14" of penetration in ballistic gel, fragments well consistently and leaves a nasty wound channel. My concern with it on hogs though is when shoulder shooting larger hogs they might lack the penetration necessary to pass through and damage the vitals.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Water went down so we was able to get to our other spots. Another 39.5 inch boar and two pint sized ones. Small ones at 50 yards boar at 125-150. *** 7.62x 39 8M3 ammo Apex XQ50.
Well done!

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
437 look up the Tulammo 8M3 7.62x39 ammo. It gets 11-14" of penetration in ballistic gel, fragments well consistently and leaves a nasty wound channel. My concern with it on hogs though is when shoulder shooting larger hogs they might lack the penetration necessary to pass through and damage the vitals.
10 hogs so far. By tape three have been 190-225 and a 150-160. Only one bullet recovered just under the hide after smashing the spine and off side shoulder. My only concern is it still expanding on long shots but I have killed 4 over 140 yards and it has shown signs of expanding even on the small hogs. I actually got the ammo to back my SSTs for runners but don’t even bother with the SSTs now.

LSB Active Member
I watched a video on them juanthelawnmower put up seems like a winner. I've got a pile of wolf sp's i'm still burning through at the moment which have dropped every body shot runner within 20 yards, but may try these hp's out for the heck of it. max range was 190 yards on a fat sow lunged her bang flop that was a population control shot she was packed with piglets!

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What Wolf sp are you using? I have a case of the Performance 125 that I have been wanting to try out. Check zero with the last week and they print into the group with the other loads with SSTs about an inch or so lower.

LSB Active Member
Wolf Polyformance 125's. I have no reason to try anything else in terms of seeking performance they have worked perfectly, but it's always nice to know there is a different choice out there that will work in case I run into a back order scenario

Mel Glass

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wolf Polyformance 125's. I have no reason to try anything else in terms of seeking performance they have worked perfectly, but it's always nice to know there is a different choice out there that will work in case I run into a back order scenario
May load a mag up with them and try them next time out. Have you chronographed them?

LSB Active Member
sorry no. i do know they go to zero nicely at impact and seem to give hogs hell though;)

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another good hunt!! Till next time.