Three Little Pigs …

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've had a bit of a dry spell for a little while, but one game camera indicated there was a sounder in the area and it was coming in to a pig pipe somewhat regularly. Here they are at the pipe a little before sundown about a month ago.
Sounder.jpg

They had ceased to visit in daylight as the weather became warmer, and were arriving more like 10PM or a little later. My buddy and I got into position about 9PM, set out some chairs, and made ourselves comfortable. Well, as comfortable as one can be surrounded by mosquitoes and chiggers. Luckily the hogs didn't make us wait too long. They arrived right on time a few minutes before ten. We had thrown out some extra corn to keep them occupied and in an area where our motion light was most effective.

We did the 3-2-1-BANG thing and put two down immediately. The rest instantly departed except for one little guy who ran around in circles until I put a 180 grain .30 cal bullet into him. I was shooting my AR-10, my buddy had a Remington 721 in .30-06.

The result:

3_Little_Pigs.jpg

They were all males, not particularly large, the bigger two weighed maybe 70 Lbs or so. The little one was more like 20#.

Until next time -

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine trio of chops and ribs.