Three little piggies

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very short story. I made a second trip to MS to deer hunt with my buddy before I had to come back to work for two weeks.

The deer were VERY slow and ultimately did not even take the safety off on anything. I watched a very large bobcat for a good while until he saw something that interested him and he stalked out of view. The owner's rules have always been don't shoot the bobcats cause they are really cool to see. After several years of seeing bobcats every time we went out, he realized they are a problem and now wants to kill any adult cats we see. I didn't get that memo so he lives another day.

We hadn't been seeing hogs on the cameras for quit a while so it was really hard to stay up at night trying to hunt something that wasn't around after sitting in a deer stand all day so I took the lazy way out. I slept. We did set a trap though because he was seeing some rooting that he couldn't tell if it was hogs or very active armadillos. (he has them for sure, armadillos that is)

Well guess what? We caught 3 little pigs the first time he set the trap and one was killed when the trap door crushed him on its way down. He was donated to the TBPS and the 3 others were left in the trap for a couple days with water and food. We now know there are a bunch more hogs that he hadn't seen before, but the babies worked as good bait.

The three were dispatched and will be a number of meals when I get home from work. I plan to put the whole pig on my smoker to see how it comes out.

This is the little guys after I told them to take a nap.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Four more for the kill counter... gotta love 'dat. Some fine/tender vittles "napping" there.

Too bad you missed the memo on the kitty.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The cats around his place are never very "pretty", but this guy was huge. When he turned sideways, his profile looked like a small mt. lion without a tail. They are usually colored kind of drab looking with few spots.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chopper killing Chopper....ironic. Cute little fellas.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Funny thing happened this morning. One of the three little piggies slipped and fell into my smoker.

I just made the best of the sad situation and covered him with some tasty spices and closed the lit. Several hours later, I helped him escape to the kitchen.

My wife added some extra sides and we had us a super bowl feast. I finally found a way to get my wife to eat wild pigs. She loved it. Now to go find some more little piggies to kill.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You need a more-bigger platter there Piglet-Pete. Looks tasty.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is the biggest platter we had and up till now I don't think we ever had a use for it. Now I need a bigger one or start shooting smaller pigs.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
More bigger platter. Nice plate of vittles.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome Chopper!! I need to start keeping the small ones too!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dan, I gotta say, they are almost as much trouble as the bigger ones, but they taste awesome. Very tender and juicy even after smoking for about 5 hours. I'm hooked. I want some more little ones.