Three boars with the 85gr TSX

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done! You got me thinking I might need a 6.8!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad I finally got my .308/7.62. Great video!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Intristink. Lethal hits, but having them "not know they're dead yet" is frustrating when you have multiple targets running amuck.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad I finally got my .308/7.62. Great video!
What you're seeing in this video isn't typical of the 6.8's performance on game. You're seeing use of the Barnes 85 TSX from an SBR (12.7") as an experiment to see how they perform on hogs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah RD, you are right and the slower speed and less weight of the 85gr is why I use to 110gr and a 16" barrel, excellent demonstration

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What you're seeing in this video isn't typical of the 6.8's performance on game. You're seeing use of the Barnes 85 TSX from an SBR (12.7") as an experiment to see how they perform on hogs.

I like my .308 also it does have more power but the 6.8 is no slacker. And obviously with my last ballistic gel test the 12.7" barrel does lose some power but it still works most of the hogs over the last 6 months have been killed with it. Lots of examples below.

This one took 8 168 pro hunters from a M1A

This little guy took two hits from a 30-30, five 405gr soft points from a 45-70 and 7 230gr hollow points from a 45acp.

This guy took one 6.8spc 95gr TTSX dead right there.

This guy took two 6.8spc 95gr TTSX but it only took two because the first one went through rebar and still knocked him over.

This boar was hit multiple times with 120sst's from a 16" barrel and still keeps going.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting and awesome video as always!

D

djones

i often hear how hogs are easy to kill. guess your hogs didn't get the memo. i'm a little surprised the two far ones came back, especially with one of them being hit. you sure called that one!

top notch video!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i often hear how hogs are easy to kill. guess your hogs didn't get the memo. i'm a little surprised the two far ones came back, especially with one of them being hit. you sure called that one!

top notch video!!

The bullet impact is loud so they run from it. I'm sure he was in shock and just following the others.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job Lawman, enjoyed the video!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another good video boss man!