Thoughts On Jager Pros

Discussion in 'Trapping Hogs' started by BamaWoods, Dec 26, 2017.

1. BamaWoods

BamaWoods New Member

About to buy the whole Jager Pro trap setup.. wondering if anyone has any good or bad things to say about their traps?

2. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Those look way cool. There are a bunch of videos I have seen on the utube using traps like that. One thing you have to have service for them to work. I think one person in here used a garage door switch or something like that. I am sure someone will chime in, there are a couple electronic dodad brains on this site!! Looking forward seeing videos of much pork being trapped!! TRAP TRAP!!

3. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

I had a buddy that bought one of their gates a few years back. It worked great and had nothing but great things to say about them.

4. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

My buddy uses and sells the Bull Creek "Game Changer". They are nice , I have set them up, pretty easy 1 man setup and I believe they are a bunch cheaper than the others, They have a very good camera system also, of course he says better everything over a Jaeger Pro but he does sell them so he should say that. You can go on to Youtube and look up Muddy Ruckus, check out his videos. I can get you in touch with him if you like.

5. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

too expensive, lots of cheaper alternatives

6. TexasTrapper

TexasTrapper LSB Member

They all have pros and cons. There is cheaper alternatives and there is more expensive ones. I've used several different manufacturers and decided on a different brand and currently run 2 remote traps.

But most importantly, they only work as good as the cell signal you have where you hog trap. If you have spotty or low cell coverage the trap will not work the way it's designed.

They also suck up batteries. In heavy forest the solar panel may have a hard time keeping up. Most demos you see are in open fields for a reason.

While they are fun and have a cool factor I prefer a good corral style trap with a cellular game cam to let me know when there is activity.