This is a strange video

Harris hawker

LSB Member
I found this on my YouTube feed as a suggestion.
This pig was domestic, and that wasn't 48 yards.
I don't exactly know how to feel about this.
And the comments reflect my feelings also.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMO....mostly domestic. Well fed on protein pellets and/or catfish bait. Look at the snout,look at the floppy ears. Might as well have stuck the gun bbl between the holes in the fence.

Hey......to each their own.....BUT.....not for me. --- pruhdlr

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't think it was a true wild hog. I would have never tried to get that close and risk a charge from one that big. The farmers shoot them in their feed lots so I guess to each their own.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Canned hunt, sickening, did not act wild, had been around people and they were not worried about all the noise they were making.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It is pure domestic. I don't have a problem with people "hunting" high fence or released domestic in a low fence for that matter. It's not for me though. I do have a problem with them filming it as if this is what hog hunting or any hunting is like.
I have never done it nor do I plan to. I do stand behind their right to do so.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree Glenn, there are numerous fenced and canned hog hunt places in FL. For old people, folks w no time, kids first hunt or the handicapped it may be their only chance. But don't play it off as fair chase and not disclose.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This guy has been putting out videos for his guide service a couple of years now. The hunter giving testimony of the "great" hunt is normally a lawyer or doctor who explains their status. The guy had to disable comments on most of his videos because of the domestic pen raised comments.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I certainly agree with their right to hunt such hogs. I don't agree with are the embellishments which are misrepresentative and done so for the purpose of making profit from future hunters.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree guys. I met a guy in Liberty who invited me to cull some black buck does. After shooting a couple he told me I could kill a hog. She came walking out and smelled my boot. I asked him if this was the one and he told me yes. Needless to say I DID NOT shoot her.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Very interesting.
I have a friend that owns an high fence exotic ranch.
I have been out there a couple times and have experienced nothing like that.
The closest thing was while we were feeding the white tails came running up to us, but wouldn't get closer than 20 yards or so.
He has 10 elk an a$$ load of different sheep and goats, but I never had one just walk up to us.
Now he uses his ranch as a meat market so he doesn't sell hunts for a living.
In fact he recently sold a bull elk for $2000 for a hunt just to get rid of it.
Pretty damn cheap.
But it's almost scary to hear a pet type of hunt setup.
It's not fair at all for the animal.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This and a couple of buffalo where the only animals on his place that would let you get that close. He just wanted to get rid of her because no one would pay to hunt her. I suggested he give her away to someone that would have her processed. He found a needy family in the area and did just that. BTW DON'T GET TO CLOSE TO A BUFFALO! Tame or not they can and will hurt you.