This hog assisted by Southwest and Frontier Airlines

LSB Active Member
Funniest most memorable hunt I can recall. Ran out tonight listening to a conference call with ear buds walking and stalking about 300 acres. Tons of does. Got within 10 yards of one. Just no hogs.
IMG_5643.JPG

Decide to head home by 9 at latest so want to check out a rye field that's been no bueno b/c of cows, but hey let's check it to be sure. Pull through hot fence and voila cows all up north. Look down the road and I see a lone blob gotta be a hog, but he's so big I think it might be a calf. Then all of a sudden my phone rings and my bluetooth ringer is loud in the car 'rinnnnnnng....rinnnnnng!'. Look up on thermal I see hog nuts bouncing down the field to a head about 300 yards away he gone I am laughing out loud oh well. It's 805 so I cool my heels thinking he may come back for some tasty rye. Sure enough 10 minutes later he peeks back into field, but is staying 20 feet from freedom the whole time. So I have to stalk this guy through open field ~300 yards with the blue blood moon at my back lighting me up and rye grass up to my knees making all kinds of noise. I take 30 minutes to crawl on knees some, walk low. By the time I get to 150 yards noise is a real issue. It's now 830 and our lease is on final approach for Tampa International. I look up and see two coming in and think this is it....this is my chance. As soon as it gets deafening I stand up, shouldered and ready to fire the instant he looks aware, but it's so noise I just keep walking to about 50 yards and still looking down into grass. Drove one just below and behind ear was like someone pulled the bones out of his legs. Most unlikely second chance kill was a lot of fun. Little blood pooling in his ear he down he gone.

I went home and looked up what flights were landing at that time and it was a Frontier Flight out of O'hare and a SWA out of Raleigh Durham. Thanks boys!

IMG_5650.JPG
IMG_5649.JPG IMG_5648.JPG IMG_5647.JPG IMG_5645.JPG

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice looking boar. Did you measure him?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good stuff, right there! Congrats on that beast.

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Nothing more satisfying than an ear hole shot. Kudos.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There be a Dandy of a pork! He looked different, fury fella! Cool looking porker. Nice going! BANG BANG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another good boar!

LSB Active Member
Thanks guys it was quite a hoot. Woke up to take a whizz this morning and was instantly replaying the hunt laughing gonna remember this one for sure.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stalk - taking advantage of the jets noise - the moon light wasn't your friend for getting close.
Congrats on your Biiigg Hog !

LSB Active Member
Thanks man appreciate ithave to put it in my top three hog moments don't know if I can make any one of those the best they were all unique but that one is logged in permanent memory

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations! That's a big 'ol hog, fer sure.

LSB Active Member
Thanks man! That's probably my biggest verified.....but if there ain't no pics it didn't happen. Still face palm over the beast I shot last summer during a FL rain storm. 2 308's in shoulder and tracked in swamp for an hour til dark thing was a toad. Sigh.....crossed into state park. The quest continues for dinosaurs! long way to go to catch the kills you texas boys get!

LSB Active Member
Thanks man I wish I could get out there tonight and catch some coyotes feeding on him

LSB Active Member
thanks appreciate it! still got a buzz from that whole experience was telling my mom about it last night she was laughing at how crazy it all went. i've had some days like that fishing in the gulf, but craziest yet in the woods. way too much fun. probably tied with last summer i had an ~ 15lb bull trout come up and eat a cuttthroat 5 feet from the boat last summer in canada. been fly fishing for 30 years steady never had that happen.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He didn't miss too many meals!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, bone apetite!