Thermal Hog Sniping

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It has taken me about a month to come up with a system (though I am not fully satisfied yet) on recording via thermal. Brian has given me a link to a potential recorder. Once I get my eBay account updated I may switch over to that recording unit.

I have four previous hunts that was either missing audio or video or some other glitch. This is the first publisher worthy video. Enjoy. Had a great hunt last night. I missed the hog after reviewing the video. Destroyed 2 coyotes. Also have some cool video of deer that got REALLY, REALLY, close. Many videos to come. Stay posted.

Enjoy. It's good to be back in Texas and pulling the trigger on some hogs and coyotes.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some pretty thick brush there. Nice hogs down too !! Nicely done video too.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going! Glad you are getting the recording figured out, thanks for sharing. Pretty head shot!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video and good hogs down!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice head shot!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go! Laying down like that you might have a chance to find yourself up close and personal with some porkers??:) BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really like shooting prone, but on the few occasions I have tried to wait for hogs like that, it seems to get uncomfortable fairly quick. Kudos to you for being able to pull it off!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It was a memorable hunt. I wasn't aiming for head that dang thing turned into the shot. Talk about making brain soup.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great prep and execution...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job! You will soon learn even the best recorder systems will give you issues. I successfully record something like 70% of my hunts. Just last night i had a group of 30 right in front of me and kept getting the flashing blue light not red. The wires seem to be the weak link. I'm really hoping for a internal recording system that constantly records on a loop, activating a hard record at a shot with a 2 min pre shot record. Like what the Atn scopes have without the Atn part lol.

dman62

LSB Member
My neck hurts just thinking about laying there waiting for pigs. Nice barbecue fixings there. I like the Texas hog sticker on your stock as well.