Thermal handheld scope

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Larryc, Jun 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM.

1. Larryc

Larryc New Member

I'm looking to buy a thermal handheld scope I've have had 3 neck surgeries and have a 4"piece of metal in my neck I can not use my gun as a spotting scope. I am using a Amasight Zeus Pro Thermal 640 4-30 x 100 60hz on my gun and I have a Armasight co -x Gen 3 Alpha night vision clip -on and I use a PVS 14 to use when am walking around. I really would like to have a thermal handheld. This is the best forum to get the right information I would like to say thank you for all your help.

2. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Well, the real issues here are how much do you want to spend and how far do you want to see?

The Pulsar Helion XP50 is a nice 2.5x 640 resolution spotting scope with an onboard battery that will last you around 8 hours that is really nifty. It has a lot of neat features and is a slick little spotter that isn't overly expensive for a 640 platform.
    Helion XP50

Trijicon's IR Patrol (1x) is a neat scope and if you want the super duper spotter, then the IR Patrol M250XR is really cool. I have looked through rgilbert's.
    IR PATROL M250XR

I think if I didn't need the 4.5x of the IR Patrol M250XR, I would likely go with a REAP-IR at 2.5x that could be used as a spotter, or do double duty as a backup rifle scope. REAP-IR It would be a higher end way to go for 2.5x, but then you would have a backup.

scrmblr1982cj8 likes this.
  3. chthump

chthump LSB Member

I use one of my first scopes 336 Armasight for a spotting scope, works fine,occasionally miss something really close, like less than 100ft, but that never really happens anyway