"There they are" BANG!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
P2uR8yB.jpg

Brian and I headed to Red River. Brian heard hogs. We got gear set up. I gave him count down instructions. When we reached vantage point where we believed we could see them by the feeder, no hogs could be found. I dropped backpack and said I'm gonna do quick scan.

Up the ridge sounder was moving away. Caught last Sow before exiting. "There they are..." Boom! 143gr ELDX bullet has been destroying these hogs. Not a squeal made or curly shuffle - 200lbs on the ground!

vuC0Wia.jpg

I pulled out the backstraps and made up some chipotle/lemon and peppered/soy/onion marinating for the grill!

5sPttBv.jpg

Here's the 600lb perspective picture.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Poor Brian didn't even get to shoot?!?!?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Twice! The man explained the countdown to me twice to make sure I understood. It was a definite, calm cadence. Ed is a calm guy. This was going to work out well.

Then the overwhelming pressure of the situation hit and Ed made the fastest silent count you never heard!

Actually, this turned out as needed.

As he said, we heard the hogs and knew they were in the valley/bottoms we were approaching. We moved to where we could see the little valley. I was on the left and scanned from the feeder area, behind it, and left, and Ed scanned to the right. He saw them moving away and realized that our opportunity was moving away faster than he was counting. He made an excellent shot at a goodly distance that was partially obscured by brush. Now, he is eating backstraps.

Poor Brian didn't even get to shoot?!?!? Poor Brian didn't even get the safety off.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha, good sow down! Sometimes you just have to take the shot ... ; )

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Poor Brian even missing the Hessian as a hunting partner now. o_O

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OneK did this to Dr. Jones! Instructions were;
DJ- Are you ready?
Bang!

In real life:
DJ- Are you ready?
OneK- BANG, BANG, BANG, etc.

So Ed, I guess we have something in common.

D

djones

this gave me a photo shop idea, but don't worry zen, i wouldn't do that to you!

ed.jpg

will

P2uR8yB.jpg

Brian and I headed to Red River. Brian heard hogs. We got gear set up. I gave him count down instructions. When we reached vantage point where we believed we could see them by the feeder, no hogs could be found. I dropped backpack and said I'm gonna do quick scan.

Up the ridge sounder was moving away. Caught last Sow before exiting. "There they are..." Boom! 143gr ELDX bullet has been destroying these hogs. Not a squeal made or curly shuffle - 200lbs on the ground!

vuC0Wia.jpg

I pulled out the backstraps and made up some chipotle/lemon and peppered/soy/onion marinating for the grill!

5sPttBv.jpg

Here's the 600lb perspective picture.

Hey Zen is that a 6.8? or a .308? WILL