The Werewolf Is No More

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some of you might remember the "werewolf" boar I posted last year. I could never seem to be in the right place and he would hit the pipes but never show at feeders.Screenshot_20171026-152918.jpg
Well I FINALLY caught up with him last week. He had been badly rooting my favorite rancher's oat field. He popped into the field while I was photographing a sow and 2 pigs I'd shot a little earlier. I kept constantly scanning because the sow and pigs had been grazing not rooting. I had a feeling the culprit was yet to show. It's a good thing because he came in directly downwind. I barely got the rifle up and on the sticks when he alerted. I hit him 3 times in the field, then twice more back in the woods where he'd come from. He was a beauty and taped out at 250 lbs. He appears to have definitely lost some weight, maybe on downhill from his prime. Body shape and matching front leg hair and color confirmed him. Happy to get em but also sad because it was always fun thinkin that beast was out there somewhere.
IMG_20171017_124022_968.jpg 20171017_001211.jpg 20171022_125416.jpg

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No catch and release in hunting. That is a hairy handsome gent who ran amuck in Kent.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done Jake, he is a brute!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Strong looking hog! Congrats on taking him down!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He is a Dandy!! And a Good On Ya!! For that one!! Nice going! BANG BANG!!! He was a FURRY critter!!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I understand the hint of sadness, but there are more lurking out there.

And his hair was...perfect!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
All the sows are going to miss that handsome boar. He clearly took care of himself for the ladies.
He's a beast.