The sun was in my eyes...honest!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My last stalk on this property...the cows are starting to calve...so....
I stalk into the wind looking in the brush along the creek bottom. Same place as last week except I came up on the other side knowing their escape route. I have it on GoPro, I will upload tomorrow, but I couldn't see anything..sun was in my eyes...hog at 15 yds no shot, another at 10 yds shoot and miss. That's on video, finally this 200# sow I missed at 10 yds, goes in the woods about 100 yds and I hammer her twice running. One entered in the loins up high, first shot running away, she spun and second shot drilled her through both shoulders and kept on going. Fun! Pig Carnage.Feb 7 at Kays LSB BOARS 004.JPG Feb 7 at Kays LSB BOARS 006.JPG Feb 7 at Kays LSB BOARS 007.JPG

Attachments

• Feb 7 at Kays LSB BOARS 009.JPG
    Feb 7 at Kays LSB BOARS 009.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 2

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work Dan and way to stay with'em. That's one good thing about hunting at night, no sun in the eyes. Lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I love to daytime hog hunt! Good going

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang!! That is another good one. Good going again. Don't show the little one, might get it all upset again:). That is a nice one. BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang!! That is another good one. Good going again. Don't show the little one, might get it all upset again:). That is a nice one. BANG BANG!!
I came home and fed chopper, I had pig fat on my hands...he was licking my fingers and squealing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now he thinks you are a sow!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I thought he liked me because I'm so cool....but if I go out without a bottle he just screams at me. Go figure.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
typical child!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great lookin' sow there, congrats !

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work Dan and way to stay with'em. That's one good thing about hunting at night, no sun in the eyes. Lol.
I put up a video--gopro doesn't pick up very far but you can see the position of the sun was bad. I am not much of a night person, I get real groggy after 9 pm. lol

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not a true story.

I figured it out when you said the sun was in your eyes.!! Ha! No way. Hogs aren't out in daylight!

Everybody knows that man.

;)

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad u got her down!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I spent my life bow hunting mostly, recurves when younger and longbows my adult life, so I am more comfortable stalking and still hunting during the day. Stalking hogs is tough with a bow just because even a great shot doesn't mean a recovery, once they run off it is tough to find them and you really need a quartering away shot to get up into the vitals good. I have this weird habit at night called sleeping, I would suck at night hunting, snoring is bad for stealth.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going Dan - 10 & 15 yds qualify as close encounters for sure!