The first dead body was 75 steps away

D

djones

i may have missed it. tell me what caliber you are shooting. i'm going to start cutting myself if it's a 223
bang_zpsubn0aphl.gif

i'm seriously thinking about giving my friends your link and telling them that was my hunt last night.

ps - i just went back and noticed 165 gran colon exams were given. your gun doesn't seem to kick much for a 308. i know you're shooting with a can cause i saw it heating up, but that's pretty impressive. what can is it?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Worse. It's a DPMS LR-308 that eats my 165SST reloads like candy. The only time I get a malfunction is if something goes wrong with the cheap brass catcher.

(Weren't you the one who was having trouble with that size cartridge in the LR?)

I do have a JP low mass carrier and high pressure bolt in place with rifle stock. So that helps. The can is an omega. 20" barrel.

I've wondered about this. The whole package is heavy which probably helps the most with fast follow up shots. It's very soft shooting.

Butler creek traditional style rifle sling. The neoprene one that says it makes your rifle feel half as heavy on the package. I'm not a workout guy. I'm from MS and I routinely carry mine a couple miles on an outing and would not trade any of it.

Last edited:
D

djones

yea i was having ammo problems but that's my fault. reloads. not sure what the prob is yet, but definitely ammo. i'm shooting a dpms lr308t 16". i had a yhm steel can but put a thunder beast ultra 7 on it this year. easier to carry but i guess it kicks more.

... The neoprene one that says it makes your rifle feel half as heavy on the package...
not sure why you sling your rifle on your package, but if you can do that, i salute you!!
flag_zpsrnnxpinq.gif

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dude that was amazing! I was giggling just watching it, maybe the best chootin I've seen on here. Great hunt!!!!

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hogicide!!!!!!