The AK 47 inventor died.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I see all this praise for the guy but I do not get it. While the gun he designed is all over the place and is highly regarded as a great weapon, he was still a communist. He worked for the enemy and, yes, Russia is still our enemy.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see all this praise for the guy but I do not get it. While the gun he designed is all over the place and is highly regarded as a great weapon, he was still a communist. He worked for the enemy and, yes, Russia is still our enemy.

Not to mention, his weapon (design) has been used to injure/maim/kill so many wearing OUR uniform.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Not to mention, his weapon (design) has been used to injure/maim/kill so many wearing OUR uniform.

While the argument of someone using a certain type of gun to do harm/damage to another does not hold firm in the gun control debate, in this instance it very much applies. The gun was not designed for Americans to use in war or for civilians to use. It was designed to be used against The Soviets' enemies, ie. USA and the rest of the free world. So you are spot on there Ratdog.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
I don't disagree with any of the comments.
But fact is he changed the world.
Just like Steve jobs did, love him or hate him.
He impacted the guns we buy and forced the creation of the AR15.
TLM
I always wonder why that fact is often over looked.
In fact the STG44 was implemented WITHOUT hitlers permission.

But as Stalin said about their tank production:
"There is a quality about quantity."
They made it a cheap mass produceable gun.
And in that reguard mission accomplished.
Imagine if the Stg44 was that easy to make, we might be talking german right now.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, we could not have gone to the Moon without some key Nazis including von Braun who designed and built weapons that killed our people. The world has changed and continues to change every day.

If you blame the tool, then it certainly does give credence to the anti-2A arguments that the tools are somehow inherently bad.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Von Braun hired my Grandfather to work on the rockets. My grandfather owned a gas station and was a mechanic. Von Braun pulled in with car trouble and the rest is history.