That's it!! He is no longer grounded!!

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Yesterday I went to my friends ranch to pig hunt. He recently switched to sweet feed and corn and it is remarkable how well it worked.
The game camera showed that 5pm and 8pm was go time.
At 8pm my son was looking thru the bino's and said they were there.
So we lock and load.
But my friend offers my son his scoped .30-06. I am politely telling him no, but my son takes it. He has never shot that gun and has had real luck with the pistol.
So we get close behind a small shrub, about 30-40 yards.
I don't want to get to close with a 10 power fixed scope sighted in at 100 yards.
There is a cluster of pigs I put my red dot into the middle of. And I tell him to short when ready.
Will I'm thinking he will shoot into the cluster, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!
There is a pig on his lonesome behind the group, yes, yes that's the one!!
So he shoots and pandamonioum breaks out. So I lite up too and miss terribly cause they are on full tilt GTFO of dodge!! I think I winged one cause he tripped up a little, but no blood.
So we walk up there and I tell he I better bad dropped one.
Nothing.
The he starts to complain,
"I hate scopes."
So I ask him why he took the gun,
"He offered it, I didn't want to be rude."

He is so ungrounded!!!
And if he pulls this crap again..... It might be along time before he is grounded again!!!
I might just take him out for Icecream if be pulls this type of crap again!!!!
:)
We still had our pork.
I grilled up some rib eyes and brats with mushrooms, asparagus and ears of corn.
Kind of weird grilling steaks with a bunch of cows looking at you.
Still better than a great day at work!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kinda nice when they get it. So? Who bagged the oinker?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like your raising a fine lad there. Sure he will make mistakes, but at least he has a top notch dad to point him in the right direction.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Kinda nice when they get it. So? Who bagged the oinker?
There was no oinker taken. The oinker that was take was in the form of pre purchased bratwurst.

Wassman,
Don't give me too much credit.
I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but I believe there will be an epic loss of technology one day and hunting will be a way of life again. Like "super storm" sandy, which we call here in the south an afternoon shower.
Really it why I took up falconry, train a bird to hunt instead of wasting bullets.
I'm in no wAy an end of the world preacher.
Just concerned.
And I figure as long as my son and I can hunt and kill effectively, we will eat.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There was no oinker taken. The oinker that was take was in the form of pre purchased bratwurst.

Wassman,
Don't give me too much credit.
I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but I believe there will be an epic loss of technology one day and hunting will be a way of life again. Like "super storm" sandy, which we call here in the south an afternoon shower.
Really it why I took up falconry, train a bird to hunt instead of wasting bullets.
I'm in no wAy an end of the world preacher.
Just concerned.
And I figure as long as my son and I can hunt and kill effectively, we will eat.

Hee Hee Hee...

"...was in the form of pre purchased bratwurst..."
"...I figure as long as my son and I can hunt and kill effectively, we will eat."

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story! Somehow I think he has it made grounded or ungrounded!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I wish my dad would have taken me hunting when I was grounded. Lucky kid.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My dad took me when I was grounded made me sir in the blind with my rifle and no bullets. It was pure torture to me!!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That would be terrible. Your dad is the ultimate disciplinarian. Lol. I'll have to remember that for when I have a kid.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I've shared that with many fathers seems to be quite effective on boys!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My dad took me when I was grounded made me sir in the blind with my rifle and no bullets. It was pure torture to me!!!
That's borderline child abuse right there. LOL

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TEXASLAWMANpost: 1819 said:
Well at least he didn't make you quarter his kill too and sat back and drank beer.