That's alot of trapped hogs

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Check this video out. Talk about a small fortune just to trap hogs.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thats a lot of hogs to clean. You would need a lot of friends who want hogs if you got that many at once.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pretty cool idea, but I think I like to shooting them a lot more than trapping. Just more fun to me is all.

I tried going to their website, but it wouldn't load for me. Looks like they are just down the road from me in Forrestburg, TX. I wonder if Brian Schafer has heard of them.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree I prefer population control via the night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like the traps my friend had on his big ranch with the phone activated gates. They worked really well until the hogs learned not to go in.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a friend with a big trap like that and a one way swinging door. Has been set up for a couple years and the hogs still go in. His is just fence posts with 2 layers of chain link fence wrapped around it and buried a foot in the ground. Works great. He shows up, backs up the trailer and opens the gates. He moves it around this property about once a year

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The key is the feeder in the middle and leaving the gate open till all the hogs go in together instead of 1 or 2 at a time, patience...This seems to me to be more work and less fun than hunting them...for us it would wipe out our population quickly. I prefer the guys at the lease not put traps in.

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We used to trap hogs on the game ranch I worked on. We made one that nearly covered an acre of land. We took a feed lot and wrapped the whole thing in cattle panels. We had a feeder and a water trough in it. It worked great for a while and then the hogs got smart and wouldn't get near it.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
They do learn quickly. Any trap should be moved frequently to keep them from learning too fast. If you are trying to wipe out a population, this would be much more effective than hunting.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From the looks of the set up and the amount of attention it needs. It looks more and more like a second job.

I have a hard enough time keeping up with the two I have now.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
that's a lot of hogs, but you know how trapping goes, you may leave it baited and unset for a long time before the whole sounder will go in, then catching a bunch more may take some time

setup is a crapload of work by the looks of it and not easily moved to another location

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The people who make that trap are based out of Forestburg. They had the video sometime back about "Hogdini, the Jumping Hog" that would climb out of traps. Those top edge panels were developed specifically for that purpose, to stop Hogdini who escaped from them 3 times.

44 hogs in the trap at once is impressive. I supposed you have to have 44 hogs coming to your place to catch 44 hogs in your trap, however. We don't usually get that many, LOL.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frankly, I don't want that many at once to clean and I want something to hunt ALL year...LOL

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we will get more for you

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are the folks with the Hogdini video...

I have seen their truck a couple of times, but don't actually know them or know specifically where they are. However, I have seen one of their traps. It may be an investment, but you aren't getting cheap hardware, that is for certain.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great video