Thanks from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Intros!' started by Atomic1, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Atomic1

Atomic1 New Member

Hey everyone. I got into hog hunting at night about 6 years ago. I started out by corning the roads and then walking them at night, alone, without any lights, NVG, or anything. I’d just listen for crunching and then keep walking toward the noise until I thought I was in range. Then I’d turn on the tack light that was on my 556, and see what was there.

It was exciting, but probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. Plus, my success rate was only 1 for 7, so I started to accessorize. This site helped me on that journey.

First a FLIR PS24 and a green light. My success rate started to improve! Then I added a PVS14 and a golf cart. More dead hogs! Then better optics, different calibers, then suppressors! More dead hogs!

So really this first post is a big ol’ thank you to everyone that helped me on my journey. So thanks from Texas! I hope I can help folks on their journey to gear up as well.

2. bar-d

bar-d LSB Member

Welcome to LSB.

3. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Welcome to the fray!

4. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

You are learning!

Welcome!

5. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Welcome from houston!

6. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

Quite a progression!
    Welcome aboard.

7. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter