Texas Hog Hunt .....

Just_me_mongo

Where's the piggiez?
image.jpg
Well, we made it to Texas. We hunted near Pottsboro - we blew a shot on some hogs. We moved on to E. Texas near Frankston & did not see hogs. Finally, we got to Sulphur Springs & we zapped two good'ns. I also shot a lil' one too.

Above -My buddy shot a sow that was 272 lbs. They put her on a scale. He used a 556 w/ 70gr barnes tsx with a head shot.

Below - My boar was guessed at 100- 120lbs. Ineresting story- I aimed for the neck after watching Lawman's informational help video. He must have moved a bit because the wound was right below his eye. 1st shot dropped him like a sack a taters. Within all the pigs scattering - He did get back up - he was pretty messed up & was doing the wheelbarrow. I put three more rounds in him. I was a lil' stumped but oh so happy! I used my 6.8 w/ 120 sst - we did not weigh him due to time issues.

image.jpg

Last edited:

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work mongo - that is a big sow for sure! Glad y'all had some success in Texas.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs there...good job!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job guys! For hitting him in the eye that's why I pick the neck they move so much either way they move you still get a good hit on em! Congrats.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The makings of a fine hunt right there, congrats.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great hunting.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good work sir