Team work with the 45/70 and the 300 BlackOut! Man we had a good time!!!

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
My buddy Ron and I went to my club in Round-O late yesterday afternoon to do some hog hunting.
I sat in a elevated wooden stand that over looked a deep field where we had just planted peas and oats, and my buddy Ron sat in a ground blind that was off the side of a small dirt road where we had corn on the ground.
I don't remember what time it was but I could barely see some movement coming from the left side of the field headed to the trough that was in the middle of the field. Raised up the gun and turned on the green laser light and there they were, about 6-8 small hogs 80-90 yards away. BOOM!, I let one rip from the 45/70 hoping to get a "two for one" shot because they were pretty close together. One hit the ground doing the "Horizontal Dirt Dance". I looked up through the scope to try and catch one of the others and get another shot,,,too much smoke out in front of me to see good enough, so I go back to the one on the ground that I just shot and he was dancing around a little to much,,,BOOM, I hit him again. Smoke cleared, BOOM, I hit him again. Movement finally stopped.
My buddy texted me and asked me if I got one,, I texted back O-Yeah! Hog Down! I told him to come on and lets pic this one up and see if we could get him one.
We met at the back corner of the field where we always do. We were there last week and saw hogs run out of the back corner of the same field. I told Ron that we should leave the golf cart there and do a little stalking on foot with the green light and the hog grunt call.( Special thanks go out to Glenn Guess for the fine video's)
We hadn't walked fifty feet from the golf cart when I saw a black outline of two hogs coming out of the field from our left to the right (No light on at this point) I hit the mouth call with a few steady grunts and turned on the light. The boar headed straight to us from about 40 yards away. This was too cool! My buddy Ron had his 300 BlackOut pointed right at him. I kept calling,,the hog kept coming. We waited until the hog got about 20 yards in front of us then I told Ron to shoot,,,BOOM! He let one rip. HOG DOWN! But with too much movement I told Ron to hit him again,,,BOOM! The "Horizontal Dirt Dance" was over.

This was too cool! I cant wait to do it again!!!

Here is the small one I shot and Rons big boar. Im thinking he was between 175 and 200 lbs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That first one was almost cut in half w the 45-70! Good job guys!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy Cow, just a little higher... his head would've come clean off. LOL