SUS choppers

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Whacked a Sus boar last month with my *** 6.8 using 120SST's.
Range approx. 125 yards in Erath county.
Finally was able to pull the boars cutters and get them cleaned up. Pic below..
IMG_0313156.jpg

SUS #5
DSCN0682.jpg

The inside set of cutters were taken from the photo'd boar.
Still need to figure out what to make from the choppers.
DSCN0724.jpg

Dennis

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
very nice

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got some more that were (OAL) super long. 2/3rds of the length was inside the jaw bone.
A 44mag rd is in between them for reference. These came from a 193lb boar and they eventually went back into the skull/head mount. --- pruhdlr 20160719_182756.jpg 20160720_185430.jpg 20160719_182756.jpg 20160719_182756.jpg 20160720_185430.jpg 20160719_182756.jpg 20160720_185430.jpg

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great cutters on that ol' boar! Congrats! Another option: split one length wise and inlay it into a knife handle scale set... split/inlay the other one into a leather sheath for the knife.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I stuff the cutter with duc seal (?). It is a black moldable substance kinda like nutty putty.
I have a friend whose wife makes stained glass windows and jewlery. She forms the caps to the contour,then solders a drop lip on it. She adds a small ring to the top also. The cap is held in place by some super adhesive that she uses on jewlery.
She can make these out of nickle or sterling silver.
I wear these cutters to Waffle House every now and then just to gross out the snowflake waitresses. --- pruhdlr

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Added info about the above skull. - - ->
At about 80yds,a Barnes 85gr TSX coming out of my long bbl 6.8 @ 3100fps,hit the hog on the back left of his skull. The bullet was found in the front right sinus cavity.
I never would have believed that a hogs skull could absorb this much energy and not just explode. --- pruhdlr

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good cutters on that beast!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I stuff the cutter with duc seal (?). It is a black moldable substance kinda like nutty putty.
I have a friend whose wife makes stained glass windows and jewlery. She forms the caps to the contour,then solders a drop lip on it. She adds a small ring to the top also. The cap is held in place by some super adhesive that she uses on jewlery.
She can make these out of nickle or sterling silver.
I wear these cutters to Waffle House every now and then just to gross out the snowflake waitresses. --- pruhdlr
-
I read some folks used a hot glue gun and twisted wire inserted in the cavity to make the top ring... another guy mixed JB Weld to fill the cavity.
Just wasn't sure what would work best for a metal cap.. Appreciate your feedback - and keep after the snowflakes, ya gotta keep'em off balance!