suppressor

bbcbreaux

I own a AWC suppressor and i have it on a LWRC 308 and I cant get the gun to cycle the subsonic rounds can someone please give me some advice.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've not found a sub .308 round that will cycle. I use regular rounds with my .308 when using a suppressor.

bbcbreaux

I've not found a sub .308 round that will cycle. I use regular rounds with my .308 when using a suppressor.
I ordered a case of subsonic ammunition 165 gr. BTSP ans it is really accurate and quite but it won't cycle in my LWRC. I found out that there isnt enough gas to make it cycle.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ok thanks

When I reload for my .308's I use 42.5 grains of IMR4064. When I reload for subsonic .308's, I've used 9.8g of Trailboss. Subsonic loading requires much less powder than reloading for regular rounds. One will also use a different powder for subsonic than for regular rounds. Don't use regular rifle powder for subsonic rounds.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I doubt that you will find something in 308 subsonic that will cycle but if you do let me know. It would be a first.

D

djones

a hunting buddy has an SR-25 E2 apr on order. it's supposed to shoot suppressed. we'll see...

The SR-25E2 APR is the latest evolution of the precision 7.62mm NATO semiautomatic rifle. With a 20” match barrel, the APR is purpose-built to provide precision fire on point targets past 1,000 meters. An ambidextrous bolt release, selector, and magazine release offer the left-handed user the ergonomic advantages inherent to AR15 based controls, as well as giving right-handed users alternate methods of manipulation to increase efficiency of movement. The Drop-In 2-Stage Trigger serves as an aid to long range precision marksmanship. The E2 bolt and gas system provides superior reliability in function whether suppressed or unsuppressed. A 7.62QDC Flash Suppressor reduces flash and ground disturbance, and supports Knight’s QDC Signature Reduction Devices.

D

djones

update...

the rifle failed to cycle 168gr nexus subsonic ammo. the charging handle has more resistance than any large frame ar i've ever handled. very strong spring. don't know how subs could ever push back the bolt.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they gun would have to be set up specifically for subs. They don't have much pressure and most us pistol powder. That is why people like the 300 BLK. Shoot subs and have the gun cycle.