Super Worm Moon-Bust

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
I thought I would give this a shot at some night hunting (no thermal) on Wednesday. I setup at the feeder under my cedar tree. Constantly kept having to shush all the deer away and watched the moon rise. The damn thing was so bright it kept catching the corner of my eye like someone was shining a flashlight at me. I was able to see the crosshairs with the feeder and lined up a few deer so I knew I could make the shot. At 9:30 I heard the pigs coming in. One of the sows was grunting loud and I guess guiding in the piglets because I could hear them squealing. They got right to the cedars next to the feeder, could only hear them, then nothing and they did not show up. I left right after that. I will try it again next full moon but will either have the moon directly behind me or in front of me. Not planning on any thermal, my neighbors and I hunt for fun and they would probably be pissed.. And I have a hard time staying up past 10 pm anyway.....Here's some pics, taunting me....03160742.JPG 03160743.JPG

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah she’s acting like she’s getting real comfortable there at the feeder. Might need to fix that! Good luck!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If the wind allows, don't put the moon behind you unless you're against some trees. I sat out one night years ago and the moon rose behind me. Hogs came but as soon as I made a slight movement they spotted my silhouette and pulled a vanishing act.

Otherwise, go get 'em!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to make some orphans.