Storm Dodging

waverider

LSB Member
I managed to skip out after work yesterday evening and spend some time in the field. The weather was a little sporty, but the brunt of it stayed south of where I was hunting. The storms made for a decent sunset.

zJWTGy.jpg

E9DnCq.jpg

s5R0Ly.jpg

Lots of deer moving around and the pigs were not far behind them. Two medium sized boars came out into view 105 yds out, but they were very skeptical and cautious. The wind was in my favor, but they were still unsettled. I ended up rolling the larger of the two and he stayed down for 10 seconds, then bolted into the thick brush and was not recovered.

A couple hours later I managed to get into a sounder of young pigs and dropped two of them @ 112 yds.

tS7MAV.jpg

This was the second hunt using a loaner Hunter MK II 19mm. The loaner unit was made available by the guys at Night Sight Optics while my Reap-IR went back to Trijicon for repair. It has been very interesting to hunt with the Reap-IR, 19mm Hunter and a 75mm Armasight Zeus. The Hunter is a 1x native scope and is amazing for close range stalking, but it comes up a little short for targets @ 100 yds or more. Out of the three, the Reap is still my personal favorite with the conditions that I hunt in.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! Tough to anchor some of them.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Messed up that pair! Nice hits.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good two hogs down!! Some nice scenery as well

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Those last two weren't getting away. Looks like you used a 50BMG on them.