Stalking a coyote

Discussion in 'Hunting Stories' started by Rookie, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

Went out tonight. We got set up, started calling, see two coyotes, get ready to shoot, and my thermal dies! FML. We go back to the truck, change batteries, and head back. We call, spot a coyote, but he's not interested and goes and beds down in some tall grass about 350 yards away. We figure since he's up wind, we might as well try to stalk him. We get within 60 yards and squeak, hoping he'll pop his head up. Nope, not interested, so I take a shot. It hits him low and breaks his front leg. He runs a few yards and I drill him in the chest.

[​IMG]

They were everywhere last night. We saw them six out of seven spots and got shots in four of the spots. My buddy was on the gun after I got mine and he got one after missing the first two spots. The one he got was a pack of five that came flying in from 800 yards.

2. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Always fun when you get a bunch charging in at ya!! Furry booger already!! BANG BANG!!

3. ZenArchery

ZenArchery LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

lesson learned. carry them batteries. Good shooting

Rookie likes this.
  4. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

Yes. I now have a set and my partner has a set of new batteries in our jackets. I really need to get a rechargeable battery pack. Hopefully, momma will get it for me this Christmas (if not, I'll order it on the 26th!).

der Teufel likes this.
  5. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Good shooting!