SSA 95gr Barnes TTSX Ammo

deltav

LSB Member
Selling 500 rounds (25 boxes) of SSA 95gr Barnes TTSX 6.8 Tactical Loads. I don't think there are any retail stock of this round left anywhere. The boxes have muzzle velocity listed at 2580 fps but these are the tac loads and running well over 2800 fps from my 16" *** barrel. As you can see in the pic they are loaded long. I think there was a misprint on the label and they have the "5" and "8" reversed. Asking $750 shipped or $725 with local pickup in the Dallas (Rockwall) area.
IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1137.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the 110 and 85's have heard good things about the 95's but never used them. loaded long as will fit or not in a cpd or asc mag?

deltav

LSB Member
Not sure about those Frank. I use PRI mags with no problem but there's not much room left. Haven't tried the 110's but in my opinion, the 95's are noticeably more traumatic than the 85's.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I am thinking they are too long for my mags.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I could be wrong but I don't think they are loaded any longer than the 110's. If you're running factory 110's or 85's they should work.

In my opinion the 95's are the best 6.8 barnes bullet and right up there with the 120 SST as far as stopping power. I believe they shoot just a hair flatter then the 120's. I tried the 110's way back when and for me the 85's and 95's outperformed them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They do shoot flatter, may be the fastest factory ammo for the 6.8 out there HTR at Wild River swears by them. I bought my last SSA when they closed and had the buy one get one so 1/2 price sale so hard to pop. I bought the 110TSX as they have always put my hogs down in place, I am sure these would do the same.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad u got them sold but also curious about the gold dots.
A year ago lawman got a bunch of gold dots that were marked as blemished if I remember correctly. He couldn't hit a coyote between the eyes with em without it running off and needing follow up shots. Given your experience with the gold dots, would u say those bullets were legit blemished?? Also what's the advertised velocity out of a 16 inch barrel with the gold
Dots.? If u only reload them, what velocity are u getting (I have a 16 inch *** barrel).
Just curious bc as a factory loaded bonded bullet, the 115 federal fusions have worked well for me and are accurate in my rifles. The SSTs are accurate in one of my rifles but not the other. Do they even sell the gold dots factory loaded?

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can get the loaded Gold Dot ammo again on GB at a decent price. Search for the auctions of seller MooseheadLLC. I think it runs about $300 for 500 rounds but IIRC he is HIGH on shipping, like $27 or something. Still works out to a decent price per box when purchased by the case.

I haven't chrono'd it. Had ok results with it on hogs, but switched to SST's and have had less run-offs. What I like about the GD is it groups very nicely and very closely to tbe SST out of my 12.5" ***, so I can shoot the SST at night at hogs and the GD during daylight at other vermin or while plinking with minimal POI shift.

I got some of these 95TTSX from deltav and am excited to try them out of my SBR. I took several hogs with them a while back with my 16" *** and they really lay the hammer down. Thanks delta - appreciate the deal and enjoyed meeting up with you.

deltav

LSB Member
Thanks Fannin, enjoyed speaking with you as well. No hog is safe in Fannin Co. with those new 95's.
Blakester, as for the Gold Dots, they have been very accurate out of my 16" *** and running 2850 through my chrono. Have shot lots of hogs with them and many are DRT. Of the ones still upright after initial impact none have gone more than 60 yards....including some good sized boars (150+ range). Have been very impressed with the 90gr. Gold Dots to say the least. Still think the 95 TTSX is slightly more effective but the GD's are a great inexpensive alternative. Still haven't tried the 120 SST's which I hear great things about. If I can find some loaded hot I will give them a shot.