Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it's a start

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Need to do something because I think the sell to Nosler hurt SSA ammo. They stopped making the most popular 2 rounds, 85 TSX and 95 TTSX

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you seen the reviews of their new brass? Not such happy customers, not the same as before Nosler bought them.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Can't see how they would be any different Frank, still made on same machines. I've only used SSA brass in all my loads, work great and I prefer small rifle primers.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Need to do something because I think the sell to Nosler hurt SSA ammo. They stopped making the most popular 2 rounds, 85 TSX and 95 TTSX

Yea that's crazy. The 95's are one of my favorite bullets.

They are sold out now as well as Shooters Pro Shop had them for the same price, didn't have a discount code, but could get military or law enforcement discount is 10% off.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, the reviews of the brass coming out of SSA may be from the new machines on 6.8 forum. I don't know just have see bad brass and complaints about the brass since Nosler bought them. Best brass out there now seems to be the S$B, small primer and not crimped, excellent quality.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I read every review on the 6.8 forum, just went through 15 pages of reading, there is nothing with specification measurements, consistency, amount of firings, etc that would tell me it is any different than previously other then the headstamp changing slightly. I haven't found anything from anyone reputable that I would consider fact.

But, I'll know tomorrow, I have new brass coming in that I can compare.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
they said there were culls that could not be use and showed pics of half thick heads and thinner brass, they talked about the weighing lighter Dave, that is all I remember.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Frank, I just ran through a bunch of measurements, will start a new thread