Spotted Sow Down

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

It's been a quiet few months but I'm finally getting some hog activity on one of the properties I have access to. We got out after em on Friday night. It had been a quiet night so far but as the moon broke the horizon the hogs started moving into this oat field. I'm not sure what they are eating but they appear to be shallow rooting in the field. We shot into a group that came into this field about 30 minutes prior while we were predator calling and I missed everything. After watching the video my shots looked good. My hunting partner had 1 kill but I didn't get it on video. As we were leaving to check out the rest of the property I looked out and this 2nd group came out into the field right where we had been walking around which suprised me. The first sow went down but I shouldn't have left the batteries in my photon for the last few months because it evidently compressed the springs. This is the 2nd time it shut off on me this hunt. You can see my hold was on the neck area but entrance wound was at the spine about mid hog. Turns out my zero had been bumped off on my photon and my rifle was shooting high left. Dang, gotta get the dust knocked off my equipment! It at least made me feel better about my misses on the 1st group....

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Smoker time! Congrats.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video and good hog down. Photon looks good.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The important part is...hog down!