Sporting Clays

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice! I used to shoot trap, skeet, and sporting clays, but got away from it and never got back into it. Now I try to challenge myself by hunting doves with a .410. I think I'm screwed for doves this year because all the areas I've been hunting locally have grown up. Doves don't particularly like wooded areas with no place to land and feed.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. Was just trying to get the new thread started. I know there are a lot of you that have stuff to share. Would love to see what other avenues everyone else have interest in.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well good job! Trying to give the guys who do not get to hunt much a place to post up stories!

marineimaging

LSB Member
I did my first run at Sporting Clays at the MTS event last year. Awesome! I haven't shot a round of skeet since. I didn't score high..., about average for a first time but I had so much fun at it I can wait until the next time.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I really enjoy shooting skeet, but I haven't participated in sporting clays. Everyone tells me it is like golf with a shotgun and I should do it. Maybe 2015 will be the yeari shot sporting clays.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is really a lot of fun. It has helped me with follow up shots as well as my hand eye coordination.