Sporting Clays

Discussion in 'SHOOTING SPORTS/COMPETITIONS' started by sjb67, Jul 28, 2014.

1. sjb67

sjb67 Mineral Wells, Texas LoneStarBoars Supporter

image.jpg image.jpg I enjoy shooting Sporting Clays. Won a few trophys.

2. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB

Very nice! I used to shoot trap, skeet, and sporting clays, but got away from it and never got back into it. Now I try to challenge myself by hunting doves with a .410. I think I'm screwed for doves this year because all the areas I've been hunting locally have grown up. Doves don't particularly like wooded areas with no place to land and feed.

3. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN TEXAS LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

Very nice trophies!

4. sjb67

Thanks. Was just trying to get the new thread started. I know there are a lot of you that have stuff to share. Would love to see what other avenues everyone else have interest in.

TEXASLAWMAN likes this.
  5. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN TEXAS LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

Well good job! Trying to give the guys who do not get to hunt much a place to post up stories!

6. marineimaging

marineimaging LSB Member

I did my first run at Sporting Clays at the MTS event last year. Awesome! I haven't shot a round of skeet since. I didn't score high..., about average for a first time but I had so much fun at it I can wait until the next time.

7. Afalex1

Afalex1 The Kit Kat Kid! SUS VENATOR CLUB

I really enjoy shooting skeet, but I haven't participated in sporting clays. Everyone tells me it is like golf with a shotgun and I should do it. Maybe 2015 will be the yeari shot sporting clays.

8. sjb67

It is really a lot of fun. It has helped me with follow up shots as well as my hand eye coordination.